Good Snack Idea's!!

I'd like some good snack idea's for an 8 month old (no teeth) Right now I'm giving him baby foods,mum mum rice rusks, and mushed up banana's. How ever I'd love to give him more stuff...he can't have cheerio's so that won't work lol, he needs to be able to mush it up in his mouth, minimal chewing..and healthy! Any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Um...why can't he have cheerios? Just curious because we were giving those at 6 months.

At 8 months for their snacks (meals they were eating pretty much what we ate) we gave flavored crackers, cheerios, cereal mix (the tail end of several different cereals in one bag and mixed...they LOVE that), pieces of bagels, etc.

Teeth don't have anything to do with it because they chew with molars which don't usually come in until closer to a year.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My daughter loved avocado or guacamole when she was that age.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• he's not really at the age where he needs snacks. my 8 month old DD has breakfast, lunch, and supper and BM in between. there isn't any need in snacks.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 12:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I give my 9 month old the same that you do. He has no teeth and i give him the mum mum rice rusks and the z=toast from gerber. I think those are good snacks at least for now until he get's teeth:)
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 12:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You'd be surprised how strong those little jaws are. My 10mo just cut her first tooth on Valentine's Day, but she's been eating pretty much everything that we do for over a month now. I just make sure to cut it really small.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2009