If your husband / SO had the choice of you at your current weight or a lighter weight- which would he chose?

Do you think he is really happy with your physical appearance ? Or is he doing what men do best (lie) to avoid dealing with all those emotions that could come as a result of him telling you what he really thinks about your weight... and the chafing.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 2:24 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• He would choose thinner because he knows I am not happy with my weight and would want me to be thinner for me to be happy about myself. He says he likes me the way I am but I hate how I have a stomach and side handles that will not go away.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:27 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Current weight. I'm at the same weight I was when he met me and I work to stay in shape. I wouldn't mind losing a few lbs, but he doesn't want me to lose my curves, I'm 120.

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I'm sure he would like it if I were a couple pounds lighter. I'm 30lbs heavier than when we met at 15, but, 10lbs lighter than I was before my last pregnancy.
    He would probably Really like if I would stop complaining about my weight and do something about it already ( I am )
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:29 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I have always been the same weight, I have had a need for fitness since I can remember. After 41 years of marriage I know my husband is genuine in telling me how good I look and how lucky he is to have married a woman who at 64 still looks sexy, I have no reason to think he is lying. Even in the early hours of the morning when I get up and look at myself in the mirror and go yuck! he will say, how can you look so good early in the morn....He has been complimenting me for 41 years, and I have mirrors in my house to validate it.
    The only times I have been overweight have been during my three pregnancies, and even then he would tell me how beautiful I was......it took me less than 6 months to go back to my regular weight, and I gained 50 pounds three times with all my pregnancies....

Answer by older at 2:32 PM on May. 6, 2013

• hed choose a lighter weight but mostly b/c he knows thats what i would want. he's big too and we both gained most of our weight while we were dating...so he knew what he was getting into haha. my DH isnt with me b/c of my body, theres so much more to a good relationship than that! i dont love him less for his weight and i know he doesnt love me less for mine. are we trying to lose wreight, sure. do we look better thinner, of course. but our love is deeper than our fat.

only an asshole would care so much about weight to let it ruin a good relationship.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:38 PM on May. 6, 2013

• He'd probably say a few pounds less because he knows I was much happier without the extra.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:40 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I honestly believe he'd choose me as I am but if I dropped a few I'd probably be happier and have more energy for...um, things....so I'm sure that'd be a factor.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:45 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I'm sure he wouldn't mind me losing another twenty or even thirty pounds, but he always says he thinks I'm fine the way I am.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:11 PM on May. 6, 2013

• He only wants me to be healthy- in 21 yrs, he has never mentioned anything about my weight, except when I had lost about 60 lbs and he told me I was getting too boney. (I was a size 10-12 at that point)
    I gained it all back and a few more- not a word. Lost 55 this time (hopefully for GOOD) and still, not a word -other than I am healthier because now I work out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:13 PM on May. 6, 2013

• He would take me as I am. *I'M* not happy at my current weight. He's constantly telling me how beautiful I am.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:29 PM on May. 6, 2013