Fight against it or Let it be?? Please I need advice.

I am 16 going on 17 and pregnant. Due at the end of this month. I love my parents and respect their decisions but this one, idk. Long story short. Me and baby daddy caused trouble, I was forced to move or go to juvie and lose my baby, break up with him, etc. While I was gone we didn't last anyways and it had caused trouble cuz rumor had it I was tryna keep him away from our baby. Not true but it still took affect and it got worse when his mom and my parents stepped in. Now I am not allowed to be anywhere near him and my parents choice is he can't even come around either. Now that I am about to have his son he really wants to be there but my parents won't let him and not only that force child support. Sad to say but my little sister has a daughter now and she was in thw same position but never did they give her the mess they are giving me. Should I interfere and fight against their decisions or let it be???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• They will have no say is whether he is around the baby or not. That will be up to the courts. Unless it can be proved that he is a danger to the baby, they will not bar him from seeing the child. The hospital should respect your choice of who you want in the room, however if you are leaving the hospital to go back to live with your parents then you can expect to have consequences from your decision (not that it's right, but it is what it is). The courts will determine child support and custody / visitation will be figured out in a separate order (meaning even if he doesn't pay CS, he will not lose visitation).

As for comparing your sister's situation to yours, you are not the same people so don't expect the same results.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:48 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Listen to your parents.
    Any guy worth your time wouldn't have put you in this situation to begin with.
    Prove paternity, get support and custody done thru courts.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:48 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Your bad at making decisions for yourself, so listen to your parents. You're going to need their help.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:05 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I agree with listening to your parents.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:52 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I agree with listening to your parents, they are the only ones that will truly help you....

Answer by older at 3:19 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Listen to your parents, you will appreciate it in the long run, and in all honesty, it sounds like they will be there for the long haul and he will not be.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:22 PM on May. 6, 2013

• It may not seem so, but parents have had more experience and often know what the best choices are to make, even if you don't like them. It doesn't sound like the father of your child is a good person for you to be hanging around with. That being said, if he wants to see his baby, the hospital is probably a safe place to make it happen.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:59 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Your parents have been & will be there for you & love you like no other. If this kid wants to have his parental rights established, it will have to be done legally. I'm betting b/c of his age & maturity level & issues you've already, you will be on here in months to come saying how he's a deadbeat dad. I hope for the child's sake he proves me wrong on that one! GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:09 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I'm going against the grain and say not listen to your parents. I don't think you should keep your child away from its father. If the two of you are able to have a civil relationship in order to raise a child, then that's important. As for the child support and parenting time, I would get court orders in place. I may be misunderstanding what your parents want, but it sounds like they want him to pay support and you to have nothing to do with him. You don't need to be in a relationship, but he should be in his child's life. It sounds like you take responsibility for your actions rather than blaming your ex-boyfriend, which, IMHO, is a good start to maturing.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:33 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Okay, wait, you are 16, almost 17 and pregnant and your YOUNGER sister already has a daughter?? W.T.F.???

On one hand, I want to say, listen to your parents but on the other hand ...

My story: met hubby at 14, he proposed when I was 15, we wanted to wait until I graduated and he went through basic. My parents freaked and started making rape/jail threats and keeping us apart. I wasn't having that shit. I got pregnant so we could get married THEN. If I had listened to my parents then, I wouldn't have had the last 28 years the greatest husband in the world.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:54 AM on May. 7, 2013