Fight against it or Let it be?? Please I need advice.

I am 16 going on 17 and pregnant. Due at the end of this month. I love my parents and respect their decisions but this one, idk. Long story short. Me and baby daddy caused trouble, I was forced to move or go to juvie and lose my baby, break up with him, etc. While I was gone we didn't last anyways and it had caused trouble cuz rumor had it I was tryna keep him away from our baby. Not true but it still took affect and it got worse when his mom and my parents stepped in. Now I am not allowed to be anywhere near him and my parents choice is he can't even come around either. Now that I am about to have his son he really wants to be there but my parents won't let him and not only that force child support. Sad to say but my little sister has a daughter now and she was in thw same position but never did they give her the mess they are giving me. Should I interfere and fight against their decisions or let it be???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• let it be...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Okay, wait, you are 16, almost 17 and pregnant and your YOUNGER sister already has a daughter?? W.T.F.???

On one hand, I want to say, listen to your parents but on the other hand ...

My story: met hubby at 14, he proposed when I was 15, we wanted to wait until I graduated and he went through basic. My parents freaked and started making rape/jail threats and keeping us apart. I wasn't having that shit. I got pregnant so we could get married THEN. If I had listened to my parents then, I wouldn't have had the last 28 years the greatest husband in the world.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:54 AM on May. 7, 2013

• They have a right to say who comes to their home or not. They are right to force child support. You made an adult decision. You had to make more, stay and abide by our rules or go and support yourself or go to juvie.
    You can not have your cake and eat it too. Make your decision and abide by it. If you want to stay in their home abide by their rules.
    The court will grant him visitation, more than likely and your parents will have to abide by the court's decision.
    That does not mean that you and baby daddy need to spend time together.
    Learn from your mistakes and try to be thankful for the help you have been given.
    As for your sister, it sounds like you parents helped her and learned from their mistakes.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:44 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I'm going against the grain and say not listen to your parents. I don't think you should keep your child away from its father. If the two of you are able to have a civil relationship in order to raise a child, then that's important. As for the child support and parenting time, I would get court orders in place. I may be misunderstanding what your parents want, but it sounds like they want him to pay support and you to have nothing to do with him. You don't need to be in a relationship, but he should be in his child's life. It sounds like you take responsibility for your actions rather than blaming your ex-boyfriend, which, IMHO, is a good start to maturing.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:33 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Your parents have been & will be there for you & love you like no other. If this kid wants to have his parental rights established, it will have to be done legally. I'm betting b/c of his age & maturity level & issues you've already, you will be on here in months to come saying how he's a deadbeat dad. I hope for the child's sake he proves me wrong on that one! GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:09 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Listen to your parents, you will appreciate it in the long run, and in all honesty, it sounds like they will be there for the long haul and he will not be.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:22 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I agree with listening to your parents, they are the only ones that will truly help you....

Answer by older at 3:19 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Your bad at making decisions for yourself, so listen to your parents. You're going to need their help.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:05 PM on May. 6, 2013

• It may not seem so, but parents have had more experience and often know what the best choices are to make, even if you don't like them. It doesn't sound like the father of your child is a good person for you to be hanging around with. That being said, if he wants to see his baby, the hospital is probably a safe place to make it happen.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:59 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I honestly think we handled it but once our parents stepped in it both parents blamed both of us kids. We were done over the argument but when they heard about it they tripped. We done went our separate ways and working things through but no matter what he does or did or if the good weigh out the bad they still think he the bad one. When only problem was I never went to school. Believe it or not it was never because of him. They blame my mistakes on him when really I was doing it all along before him. And with the court thing. As long as they file it and not me the court is gonna wanna hear their side than they would mine since I'm still a minor. I'm sure they would anyways.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 PM on May. 6, 2013