Bright spotting on and off sometimes dark

I've been on depo for 9 months now and was a month late on my last shot in march . Got my shot and we had unprotected sex 3 days after my shot. What's going on? I had bleeding from January through February but it wa very day now it's just spotting now and then

Kiki0leigh

Asked by Kiki0leigh at 5:18 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You're not pregnant. Depo can screw up your cycle if not stop it completely after prolonged use. You should have been informed of this if you read the little pamphlet they send home with you after your first depo shot. It's not just there for decoration. Read the material sent home.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:20 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I got the shot on a military base and all she told me was it would stop my periods and it did for 6 months. Now everything has gone crazy I didn't get a pamphlet I got a shot in the butt and a see you in 3 months
    Kiki0leigh

Comment by Kiki0leigh (original poster) at 5:28 PM on May. 6, 2013

• The shot will stop your pd in most cases. That's why I am on it. I bled every other week after having my daughter. It still let through a couple randoms pds that first 6 mos. But it works the day it is injected. As long as you did not get pregnant in that month that it lapsed then you're fine.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 5:28 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Yup that depo definitely messes your cycles up what your going through sounds about right. But never take medical advise from a chat forum. Trust your instincts
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 5:29 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I see my new doctor tomorrow!
    Kiki0leigh

Comment by Kiki0leigh (original poster) at 5:30 PM on May. 6, 2013