Baby daddy has a new girlfriend

my baby's daddy has recently got himself a new girlfriend she has only just turned 18 and she is spending the same amount of time with my son as i am me and my ex partner have my son half and half so we both get to spend the same amount of time with him i know and understand that we both need to move on but i dont want her around my little boy ( who is 8 months) untill her and my ex have been going out for at least 8 months they have only been going out for 6 weeks and i think she even stays over when my little boy is there what should i do HELP!!!!!! please

jazzawazza1993

Asked by jazzawazza1993 at 5:40 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• unforunately, I would say that theres not much you can do. If you and the ex have a good relationship for the most part you could talk to him, but I wouldn't expect him to say sure I wont do that.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:40 PM on May. 24, 2013

• I agree with anon a little punctuation would be helpful. If you have joint custody there isn't much you can do. You can share your feelings about the situation but that is it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I would try and get a custody agreement in place.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:04 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Oh em gee. The Cafemom grammar police are out. Go figure they posted anon..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:30 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Just tell him what you said here. That you didn't bring your last boyfriend around the baby not only to respect his place in your child's life, but also because you don't want your child getting attached to someone that isn't necessarily going to be in his life for good. That you would appreciate the same level of respect that you have extended to him.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:09 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Ok thank you ladies for your help.
    jazzawazza1993

Comment by jazzawazza1993 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on May. 6, 2013

• try stating it in a matter-of-fact, non biased way. don't come off as threatening, demanding or accusatory.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:51 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Grammar much?
    Anonymous

• Punctuation much?
    Anonymous

• i thought someone as going to say that i have had a relationship since then we have sadly broke up but i never in the 4 months we was going out did i one introduce him to my little boy because i respected my ex partner enough and my little boy to know it wasn't a good idea how can i explain that to him without him thinking its because am jealous
    jazzawazza1993

Comment by jazzawazza1993 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on May. 6, 2013