Baby daddy has a new girlfriend

my baby's daddy has recently got himself a new girlfriend she has only just turned 18 and she is spending the same amount of time with my son as i am me and my ex partner have my son half and half so we both get to spend the same amount of time with him i know and understand that we both need to move on but i dont want her around my little boy ( who is 8 months) untill her and my ex have been going out for at least 8 months they have only been going out for 6 weeks and i think she even stays over when my little boy is there what should i do HELP!!!!!! please

jazzawazza1993

Asked by jazzawazza1993 at 5:40 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• unless there is evidence of abuse or neglect there is nothing you can do. you can suggest to your ex that it would be best not to introduce your child to his lady friends until its semi-serious but if he chooses not to it's out of your hands. you have no more right to tell him who he can bring around his child than he has to tell you who you can bring around him.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:43 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I agree with you, but you have no say if you have joint custody. You could try to seek a legal agreement where you both agree on specific boundaries when it comes to dating, but it's a long shot.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:45 PM on May. 6, 2013

• i thought someone as going to say that i have had a relationship since then we have sadly broke up but i never in the 4 months we was going out did i one introduce him to my little boy because i respected my ex partner enough and my little boy to know it wasn't a good idea how can i explain that to him without him thinking its because am jealous
    jazzawazza1993

Comment by jazzawazza1993 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Punctuation much?
    Anonymous

• Grammar much?
    Anonymous

• try stating it in a matter-of-fact, non biased way. don't come off as threatening, demanding or accusatory.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:51 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Ok thank you ladies for your help.
    jazzawazza1993

Comment by jazzawazza1993 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Just tell him what you said here. That you didn't bring your last boyfriend around the baby not only to respect his place in your child's life, but also because you don't want your child getting attached to someone that isn't necessarily going to be in his life for good. That you would appreciate the same level of respect that you have extended to him.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:09 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Oh em gee. The Cafemom grammar police are out. Go figure they posted anon..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:30 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I would try and get a custody agreement in place.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:04 AM on May. 7, 2013