coach purse.........

i have always been a frugal person & rarely buy anything for just myself just cause i want it. it's always been cause it's something i need. so for valentines day & our tax return came in i wanted a coach purse just for me. although i would never pay full price for one but decided if i could get one for the max of $80 off ebay i would get one. so anyway i got for $76.56 + $5 in shipping but i'm feeling buyers remorse. i never spend that much on myself. my husband bought me a jacket for xmas and when i saw he paid $30 i got upset. i have problems with spending money. then my hubby showed his sister, she was shocked and gave him a look. he said he told her how much it cost after i thought he said he didn't tell her how much so i think he is covering his tracks. i don't want them talking behind my back & thinking i waste money when on a tight income. should i feel ashamed? is $81.56 to much for a excellent condition coach purse?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just enjoy your purse!
    sweetsea07

Answer by sweetsea07 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• By any chance are you a Virgo?
    Anonymous

• no i'm a libra....hummm
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• That is funny, I am a Virgo and just like you. It is so hard to spend money on myself..
    I am sure that you deserve it..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Buy what you want if you can afford it. You deserve to treat yourself every once in a while. If you can still pay your bills then it's not wrong. And as for people talking about you behind your back about you buying something....when they pay your bills...they can have a say. Enjoy your new purse : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Stop being a martyr - enjoy the purse. If you really feel bad, eat ramen noodles for two weeks.

And, FYI, $30 for a jacket? That's cheap.

I'm really not trying to be mean but holy crow - it's a purse. You did the shopping, you knew what your budget could handle, and you bought it. Enjoy it, use it, and start worrying about something else.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• omg your my MIL..
    Anonymous

• GEEZ what a nice answer wimsey......

Anyway.... That is EXCELLENT for a coach purse even the beat up ones bring more than that alot of times GOOD SHOPPING!! You are a mom who works hard as a mom and wife everyday and if you dont splurge on yourself often then you did a good thing and you deserve it!! and your hubby bought you a nice coat enjoy it and your new Coach handbag!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You sounds like a really stressed out person, and like a person who deserves an 80 dollar bag.
    There's no reason to ONLY spend money on bills. You have to enjoy life too!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• 81 is cheap , are u sure its real??
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009