coach purse.........

i have always been a frugal person & rarely buy anything for just myself just cause i want it. it's always been cause it's something i need. so for valentines day & our tax return came in i wanted a coach purse just for me. although i would never pay full price for one but decided if i could get one for the max of $80 off ebay i would get one. so anyway i got for $76.56 + $5 in shipping but i'm feeling buyers remorse. i never spend that much on myself. my husband bought me a jacket for xmas and when i saw he paid $30 i got upset. i have problems with spending money. then my hubby showed his sister, she was shocked and gave him a look. he said he told her how much it cost after i thought he said he didn't tell her how much so i think he is covering his tracks. i don't want them talking behind my back & thinking i waste money when on a tight income. should i feel ashamed? is $81.56 to much for a excellent condition coach purse?

Asked by melody77 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just enjoy your purse!

Answer by sweetsea07 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• By any chance are you a Virgo?

• no i'm a libra....hummm

Answer by melody77 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• That is funny, I am a Virgo and just like you. It is so hard to spend money on myself..
    I am sure that you deserve it..

Answer by Dannee at 12:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Buy what you want if you can afford it. You deserve to treat yourself every once in a while. If you can still pay your bills then it's not wrong. And as for people talking about you behind your back about you buying something....when they pay your bills...they can have a say. Enjoy your new purse : )

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Stop being a martyr - enjoy the purse. If you really feel bad, eat ramen noodles for two weeks.

And, FYI, $30 for a jacket? That's cheap.

I'm really not trying to be mean but holy crow - it's a purse. You did the shopping, you knew what your budget could handle, and you bought it. Enjoy it, use it, and start worrying about something else.

Answer by Wimsey at 12:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• omg your my MIL..

• GEEZ what a nice answer wimsey......

Anyway.... That is EXCELLENT for a coach purse even the beat up ones bring more than that alot of times GOOD SHOPPING!! You are a mom who works hard as a mom and wife everyday and if you dont splurge on yourself often then you did a good thing and you deserve it!! and your hubby bought you a nice coat enjoy it and your new Coach handbag!!

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You sounds like a really stressed out person, and like a person who deserves an 80 dollar bag.
    There's no reason to ONLY spend money on bills. You have to enjoy life too!

Answer by BambiF at 12:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• 81 is cheap , are u sure its real??

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009