Moving alone?

I'm terrified to move into this home with two children alone.. How can I overcome this.. It's a special home to me, but it's like an hour away...

I'm just so scared , maybe I have seen to much in life or maybe I don't know, I'm just scared to be someone else's prey...

Any help please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Only you can prevent that... (I feel like Smokey the Bear)... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:23 PM on May. 6, 2013

• A security system?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:31 PM on May. 6, 2013

• What are you afraid of?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:38 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I guess break-ins...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:53 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Good locks, keep your flood lights and front porch lights working, get to know your neighbors and if possible look into a security system. You can also stop by your local police department and they can give you an idea of the crime rates in the area- just to make you feel better.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:32 PM on May. 6, 2013

• You can also drop by your local police department and ask an officer to come to your home and do a safety check. I did that when I moved into my condo alone. The officer will lo for bushes near wndows, dark spots, anything that might mak your home easier to break into. You'll also be letting the police know you live alone, which can' hurt. Good luck! It's scary, but you can do it!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:48 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Motion sensors on outside lights, deadbolt locks on doors (keyed, not flip locks if there are windows next to the door), you can also get cheap but loud "beepers" that you stick on doors/windows that go off when they open at Home Depot.
    I remember feeling that way when I divorced my ex! I actually slept downstairs on the couch for the first few months before I felt comfortable sleeping in my bedroom upstairs.

Answer by missanc at 9:12 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Also maybe check into taking a concealed carry class or a women's defense class. Sleep with your keys (hopefully you have an alarm on your car which would sound from in the house if you needed it to) and your phone close to you. Also might help to have a baseball bat nearby.

I remember being scared when I 1st moved out after my divorce. I had never been alone. I moved from my parents' house right in with my bf and we later married. But I've had my own place for over 3 yrs now and not afraid anymore. I always have my phone right by me but I've only had to use it to call the police on my loud neighbors. I also have dead bolts.

It will be ok.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:37 PM on May. 6, 2013