Remember my question the other day about the new neighbor's dog barking? Well, one of them just bit me.

I am waiting on the police to show up so I can file a report. I thought I was going to actually get to go to bed at 9 tonight (long day). Boy, was I wrong.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:03 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Pets

• what.... I was going to actually get to go to be at 9.... Yea because that makes sense.
    Anonymous

• I think she meant bed. WTF is wrong with you that you can't figure that out, anon? Seriously.

How bad is it? Are you going to go to the hospital or an urgent care? Did the neighbors say anything? I hope you are doing alright, aside from the bite.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:12 PM on May. 6, 2013

• That sucks! I hope you are ok and this gets resolved quickly. Three big barking , biting dogs in an apartment complex sounds like a tough situation. Hope you can get to bed soon!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:17 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Anon, as I said it's been a long day and I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night.

QuinnMae, At first I thought I was fine and I declined the EMS but it's starting to hurt worse now. I am going to see what the officer suggests. It broke my skin just barely. I think I am more anger than anything though. The neighbor acted like an idiot. I was on my way to take the trash out and when the dog bit me, I dropped my trash bag and let out a "small" cry and grabbed my leg. She just kept telling the dogs "no barking". She finally asked me if I was okay. I told her "No, your damn dog just bit me". Oh, I am sorry.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:22 PM on May. 6, 2013

• That sucks. Seems like three dogs is kind of a lot to have in an apartment. Are they going to quarantine the dog? One of my mom's dogs bit her when she was sort of delirious on pain medications and my mom was trying to change the dressings on a wound and she broke the skin. My mom had to get stitches and because it was a dog bite the hospital reported it and they had a 14 or 20 day required quarantine. They let us keep her at home but we had to have a sign posted on the door stating something about a dog in the residence that bit a person. Sort of silly, but laws are laws.

Anyhow, I'm guessing there is more back story to this that I don't know.  I hope it all get straightened out and really hoping it doesn't cost you anything.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Oh that sucks!
    Crafty.26

Answer by Crafty.26 at 9:31 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Hope you will be ok.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:31 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Damn! Hope you're ok.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:41 PM on May. 6, 2013

• That sucks. Just make sure if you have to go to urgent care or something, you submit your bill to the neighbor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:46 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I'm not sure what they are going to do. After they took my statement though, they went to talk with her to determine which dog it was. She ignored their knock for about 3-4 minutes all while the dogs were barking. I overheard her invite the officers in and she told them that they are just barking and they don't bite!!!!! WTF!!!! Anyways, I was an idiot because I changed into shorts (I had on pants) to show the officers. They said it looks like it snipped at me, however, now that I think about it, they probably thought I had on shorts when it happened. My pants probably stopped a good bit of it. UGH, oh well. They asked if I wanted to press charges and I told them no, that I just wanted a report. There are kids that play outside and if she can't control her dogs on a leash, I am afraid of what might happen with a child.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:50 PM on May. 6, 2013