We're moving :)

I asked about a question about how to start deciding on a move next year about 3 weeks ago. I decided I couldn't wait that long, so we're already moving in about 2 weeks. Thanks to everyone who answered that question. I love my new place, and while it's not in the school district I want, I'm going to just drive my own kids to different schools. It's only about half a mile from where I live now.

I'll be living with my mom in a much bigger 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1600 sq feet townhome. My biggest concern now is how to introduce our 3 cats.

To make this a question, when was the last time you moved? We've only been packing 2 days and I'm already exhausted.

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 9:12 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Congratulations on your move!

We've been in our house 25 years in July! I HATE moving, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:12 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Last time I moved was two years ago and thankfully it was a relo through DH's work and they paid for the pack and move.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:14 PM on May. 6, 2013

• OH josh... we bought this house about 9 years ago... I NEVER want to move again! LOL
    Crafty.26

Answer by Crafty.26 at 9:30 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Ugh I move all the time with DH being in the military, I just moved in February 2013, the time before that was Feb 2012, then Nov 2008, then Nov 2006 then Jan 2005. One more move at the beginning of 2014 and then hopefully we will be DONE.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:34 PM on May. 6, 2013

• The last time we moved was 16 years ago - Dec. 1997. I'm happy to stay here for at least another 4 years, but maybe until DS2 finishes high school.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:36 PM on May. 6, 2013

• 14 years ago is when we bought our current house but we will most likely be moving to a better school district this summer.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:40 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I moved into my condo about five and a half years ago, but moving out of it will be way harder than moving in ever was. I was alone then with no kids, and kids multiply your stuff by a zillion.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:40 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Congratulations on moving. :)
    liss05

• My DH is retired Army now. Did 20 in the Army. So we mved about every 3 years.We moved into this house 3 years ago.
    When you move your self. Best way to do it is to do it all at once. Rent the bigest Uhual you can and stick all your stuff in it and move it once.

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 PM on May. 6, 2013

• We're hiring movers for the furniture and washer/dryer. I have a townhome currently and it's just me and my mom, there's just no way we can get the furniture out. We'll rent a Uhaul and move the boxes ourselves. Also, we're staying with her for now so that we're able to just pack up and not deal with needing stuff out. We'll be moving a few days before she is so she has time to do the same.
    Ginger0104

Comment by Ginger0104 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on May. 6, 2013