How do you know when to stop texting?

seriously. like somebody texts you and you chat back n forth for a period of time and then you run out of replies or just feel like stopping but is it rude to just stop texting with out saying "ttyl" or something? sorry for run on sentence. so, when is the appropriate stopping point of a text? i talk to this person on and off all day if that makes a difference.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• when there is nothing left to say... ?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:43 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Couldn't you just text "gotta run" or something? I'm not up on texting etiquette since I don't do it, but that's the short version of what you'd say to end a chatty hphone call.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:09 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Call them. They will probably get scared hearing the phone ring and think ok not texting her again she will call me!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:07 PM on May. 6, 2013

• lol, I HATE chatting on the phone. that would be torture for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I refuse to use texting to chat. I only use it for urgent communication at work. My friends know this. If there's someone who doesn't know this, I tell them I'm not available for chatting but shoot me an email.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on May. 7, 2013

• When you look up and realize someone is actually SPEAKING to you.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 12:48 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Depends on who I'm talking to. some people, we just know that we can stop texting without a heads up that we're stopping and it's no biggie. Others, I will text a "gotta go" or "I'll talk to you later" or something. If I run out of things to say for one of those that I would text something to, I usually go with "I need to take care of some stuff. Text me later!"
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:38 AM on May. 7, 2013

• You just don't reply when you have nothing else to say. I think they would get the hint. Or maybe I am just rude, because that's what I do. I don't keep my phone on my hip all day so when I am done with something I get busy with other things and don't check my phone for follow up texts. If something is that important for me to know, they have my number and know how to push 'call'.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 AM on May. 7, 2013