His ear may have water?

So my ds was talking kind of loud today he said he heard talking in his ear. So I'm guessing he can hear his own voice like if there was to be water in it. My question is what can I do so I could help him out. Or should I just take him to the doctors. He has no fever or complaining about his throat so I don'tthink its in ear infection.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 9:59 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The easiest way to get water out is to pour a small amount of alcohol in his ear, let it sit for a min, then let it drain onto a towel/tissue. If that doesn't work, take him to the dr

Answer by missanc at 10:02 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Ear infections can be well started before they hurt, so keep an eye on your son. In the meantime, you can have him lie on a towel that you warmed up in the dryer, ear down. When I was a swimmer in high school, I learned that the heat will draw the water out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:04 PM on May. 6, 2013

• @missanc we don't have alcohol right now :(
    @bellad thank you I will do that my mom said that I could put baby vapor rub near his ear do you think thay could help?
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 10:41 PM on May. 6, 2013