What do you guys think i should do?

My Goddaughter was over my house on Sunday after church, after we ate dinner i told her to go watch t.v in my son's room before we went to afternoon church. My son was spending the weekend at my brother's but when he came home Sunday night he told he had ten dollars under his pillow if had moved it and i said no i told him to keep looking for it well come to find out my son never find it and there is no one else that would take the money beside my goddaughter in my home is only myself, my husband, my one year old daughter and my son so there is no other explanation now the question is what should i do about her taking the money? by the way she is 7 years old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on May. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• Unless you have more proof than just the idea that your seven-year-old god-daughter took the money, you can't accuse her. What if your son lost the money? What if it fell down behind the bed? If would be awful to accuse someone and find out she was innocent.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:23 PM on May. 6, 2013

• it hurts me to think that she would do something like that i went to my son's room to look for it myself and my son did not spend it, my son is 16 he would remember if he spend it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 PM on May. 6, 2013

• A 16 year old putting $10 under a pillow seems a bit odd to me. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:27 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I would just ask her. Don't accuse, just say "when you were in the room did you see a $10 bill anywhere?" If she took it, might make her feel guilty enough to fess up.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I agree with missanc.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:29 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I would mention it to her mother. You would think her mother would notice if she had ten more dollars than she should.

I have no idea how old your son is, but you would probably know if he should have money or not. I would give him a secure place to put his money and not allow others into his room when he is not tere.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:40 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I wouldn't accuse her but I would just ask her if she saw any money while she was in his room. I'd maybe phrase it something like, "Johnny had some money in his room, and he can't find it. He's not sure where he left it, so I was wondering if you saw it when you were in there watching TV."

I would not accuse her though, because aside from your son saying it was there and now it's not (all his word), you have no proof it was ever there, much less that she took it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:32 AM on May. 7, 2013

• just ask before you accuse. I agree 16yr old putting money under a pillow'?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:59 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I would say its just $10 and she needed it more than he did. Next time know to keep money in a more secure place.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:03 AM on May. 7, 2013

• First of all it is a little odd that a 16 yr old doesnt have his own wallet to put his money in. My son is 12 and he uses a wallet!! How do you not know that yr son did spend it and just wants more money. You cant accuse someone of doing something if you have no proof. And frankly if someone would accuse my child of something with no proof I would be livid.I agree with the other one that said you would think her mother would notice if she had ten dollars that she didnt have before.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 7:19 PM on May. 7, 2013