Is marriage for everyone?!?

Well today my classmate was looking sad and depressed so I asked her what's wrong and she me told me that her parent forcing her to get married b/c they want grandchildren and that had me thinking...Is marriage for everyone?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 11:02 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• Someone once said, "marriage is for people, not people for marriage." That really sums it up for me in that people aren't perfect, therefore marriage isn't perfect. Everyone is different with different strengths and weaknesses. Some people are more independent than others. There is no right or wrong time to get married. It's not just about "that loving feeling" either. Whoever said, "all you need is love" lied! But at the same time, marriage without love is like slavery. I'd advise your friend to move out on her own ASAP, tell her parents, "love ya but gotta go!" Marriage is never to be taken so lightly. That goes for parenthood, too.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 12:08 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Since when do you need a piece of paper to reproduce? Maybe you should tell her to join CM so she can get her facts straight!! LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:10 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Wow, your friend really is asking for a life of misery if she's only marrying for her mom.

No two people are alike, so how could marriage be for everyone? The idea is laughable.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:21 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Nope. Same thing goes for parenthood.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:24 PM on May. 6, 2013

• You don't get married for your parents to get grandchildren.

Would serve her mother right if the man was sterile.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:32 PM on May. 6, 2013

• How can anyone force an adult to get married?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:39 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Your friend needs to grow a backbone and tell her mother she will marry when she finds the right man for her and the time is right. No ifs, ands, or buts.
    Her mother will just have to get over it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:44 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I don't see any point in it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:04 PM on May. 6, 2013

• No, it's not for everyone. My aunt has been single all of her life and she has enjoyed it. She traveled the world, has a great career, and is always on an adventure. She is 58 and not slowing down at all. Can you do all of that stuff with a husband, sure, but not everyone wants to share that with just one person. I personally love being married though. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:08 PM on May. 6, 2013

• That's a bunch of crap! No, marriage isn't for everyone.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:38 AM on May. 7, 2013