My 23 month old has a off and on fever the past 5 days now followed by a runny nose I've always calmed it down with children's ibprophen and a cool towel, but it seems to be lasting too long should I take him to the ER or pediatrician ? am I delaying on this. I'm worried but doctors always say I worry too much.

my

dearmomma5

Asked by dearmomma5 at 2:39 AM on May. 7, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are those her only symptoms? It sounds like a cold to me though, and those take a few days and there's nothing they can do about that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:44 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Just keep doing what you're doing. It's what the doc would tell you to do if you went in. You're on the right track, Mom--colds just take time to get better.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:51 AM on May. 7, 2013

• He also has a loss of apitite but intakes lots of fluids cranky at some times but at day fearly ok
    dearmomma5

Comment by dearmomma5 (original poster) at 2:56 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Yep sounds like a cold.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:08 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Both my daughters had the same thing and the doctor gave them amoxacillan. I'd call an on-call nurse though. That would be your safest bet.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 3:46 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I would take him to the pediatrician with it lasting that long, just to rule out anything else. 2-3 days was the most I let my kids run a fever without taking them in.

Answer by missanc at 5:58 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Call the Ped's office to see if they want to see him. Otherwise I would just keep him at home and keep him comfortable and fed with whatever he will eat. If it's a virus, nothing but time will make it go away.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Yes i would only because i like to be safe than sorry. There is a reason why and if u keep going to ur doctor or change doctors they will find gan answer. No one know more about their child then their mother.
    sunandmoon678

Answer by sunandmoon678 at 4:36 PM on May. 7, 2013