what is your babies sleeping pattern at 6-7 months

so i'm trying to start my baby on a schedule, he eats baby food three times a day and nurses before after and in between meals... so he eats plenty during the day to say the least and doesnt need to nurse during the night. so the CIO method is working great for me to put him to sleep he already goes to sleep without crying, but sometimes he wakes up and crys a min or two and goes back to sleep, but i was wondering how many times do i let him do that before i get him up? like how long do your babies nap for and how many naps a day at 6-7 months and how long do you let them sleep at night? please dont bash on the CIO method, this is important to me, and i dont go around bashing on your questions i dont agree with! thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son doesn't have very good sleep habits.
    He goes to bed at 10 (I wish earlier but he won't) Usually wakes at 2 or 4 to eat... sometimes both!
    Wakes again at 7 to eat and sleeps until 9.
    Takes a nap from 12:30-2:00
    Takes another nap around 5-6 and then stays up until bed time.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• as long as your baby goes back to sleep after a few minutes then leave him, if after 5-10 minutes he is crying/ screeching then go in...just shush him and rub his back/ belly then walk away,.
    nickygia

Answer by nickygia at 2:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I got lucky, my daughter has been sleeping through the night since she was a month and a half. She wakes up at 7am. Takes a 1 to 2 hour nap around 9:30am and then again around 3pm. She goes to bed at 8pm.

What you could do is let him whine for 2 minutes and then go check on him, calm him down. Leave the room. If he cries again wait 4 minutes before you go in. Just gradually increase the time before you go in. I wouldn't let him cry for more than 15-20 minutes. Eventually he will get that you are there for him and that he'll be able to soothe himself back to sleep. But if he is screaming his head off and not just whining I would pick him up.

Anonymous