My 8 month old is throwing tantrum fits, HELP!

My 8 month old son will not sit still if we go out in public or anything. I try sitting him on my lap and he just squirms and screams to get down. So I then put him down and he just walks off and gets into something. Then if I take something away from him he throws a big fit and its almost like he's yelling at me sometimes. How can I stop this?

prettyNpink0769

Asked by prettyNpink0769 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your 8 month old is walking??? he is at the age that he is trying to learn everything and he knows what to do to get his way. my DD is the same way, they will grow out of it but it is time that he just needs to cry some things out. he needs to learn that he doesn't always get his way. just like when he was little (er) he would cry to get what he wanted well that still applies cause ha can't talk, but you have to teach him that everything isn't always his way. he will learn in time, not much you can do at this age, he is learning how to be mad.

setliff

Answer by setliff at 12:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• dont feel bad.. my son does it now too and he is 8 months.. mostly when he is trying to go to sleep
    KadinsMommy528

Answer by KadinsMommy528 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009