Sharp pains....cyst???

I had a pap back in Sept. And everything was fine, but the last few days I have been having this sharp pain that lasts a few seconds at a time. It is on my left side like my lower part of my stomach and it shoots down into my private. My lower back hurts too but I have back problems anyway. My stomach has been hurting for the last 2 days. I know I am not pregnant as my husband has a vasectomy. I am not to start my period for another 18 days. Ever since I have had my 21 month old I have had period problems. 1 month my period can be perfectly fine then the next can be really heavy with little clots of blood, stomach pain (sometimes were it hurts to walk) neausea stuff like that. My pap was fine when I had it last summer. Not sure what is going on. Not sure if I should go to my OB or see if it goes away? Intercourse hurts sometimes if I am on top. I do have a lot of discharge but I have always had that.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:50 AM on May. 7, 2013 in Health

• Better go to the doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:19 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Thanks
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on May. 7, 2013

• It could be a cyst. Only way you can find out for sure is an ulta sound. They are extremely painful. About the only thing that ever helped me was a hot water bottle and a dark room curled up. The final solution because mine were so severe was I had a complete hysterectomy. Ended up I had cysts and endometrios (sp?) Since you've had a child I would not think they are that severe. You have a choice in letting the dr treat them or waiting and see if they get worse.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:23 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Yep you need to go to the doc.....I had never had any probs with my periods or any kind of cyst until I had my first child.That was 16 yrs ago and I am just getting back to having normal periods. I would go almost a year without having one and then the cysts started. I have had 3 or 4 small surgeries to get rid of them. The worst one was about a year and half ago and it was so painful I wanted to die. I went to the er and they lanced it there which was no walk in the park. Then two weeks later it came back bigger and I had to see a gynocologist and she lanced it in three different places and I had to sit in a tub full of hot water as hot as I could stand it three times a day for two weeks to make sure it was gone. I probably will end up having to have a hystorectomy soon my mom had hers when she was 32. I am 34 and it is scary to think about. Dont play around with this go to the doc if you can.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 1:48 PM on May. 7, 2013