Preschool (in Mississippi)

Someone told me that a law was passed that kids have to start preschool at 4. Is that true?

dimples2k13

Asked by dimples2k13 at 9:01 AM on May. 7, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• highly doubt it. They can't force that plus preschool is expensive and unless they state is going to start paying it they ant force parents to pay for something like that. Here preschool is $150 a month.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:18 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Oh my goodness! That's ridiculous.. I didn't think they could force parents to put kids in preschool .. I mean if you didnt send them are they not going to allow them to go to kindergarten? Lol smh.. I just wanted to know for sure because we're planning on moving within the next year and I didnt know if I should look into preschool or not. (my daughter is only 2)
    dimples2k13

Comment by dimples2k13 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on May. 7, 2013

• no. I live in Alabama so our laws are very much alike. My kids never went to preschool (never will) and they are very smart. That being said, my dd is in 1st grade and her teacher is a moron. I love the school, just not the idiot she got this year.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:23 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Call a local Elementary School in the area that you are moving to & ask them just in case. I never heard of such a thing here in NY but you never know!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:42 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Thank you all. Its just very aggravating that everyone keeps telling me to send her to preschool because she'll be so much smarter in the long run and yada yada.. and that now a law has been passed but i didnt know. I mean she just turned two knows her body parts her abcs numbers animals and the noises they make so i think im on the right path!
    dimples2k13

Comment by dimples2k13 (original poster) at 10:54 AM on May. 7, 2013

• You're definitely on the right path. I sent my daughter to preschool at three and a half just for a few mornings a week so she could be around other kids, but I haven't heard of any law that mandates preschool at all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:35 AM on May. 7, 2013

• My Son started Preschool at 4. I kept him in for two years (3&4 yr. old class & then 4&5 yr. old class). Then he started kindergarten right after he turned 6.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:27 PM on May. 7, 2013