How do I curl my hair...HELP!

I have always had the straightest hair... no wave what so ever. It is also quite thin. I would really like to curl my hair, but nothing has ever seemed to work... HELP... What should I do?

juggalette_mom

Asked by juggalette_mom at 12:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• sounds like your hair was meant to be straight... some hair just don't curl. you can try a perm, but if you hair is thin it might just turn fuzzy IDK ??? best thing is to go to a good salon that you trust and just ask their opinion on you hair type good luck.

setliff

Answer by setliff at 12:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Mine is the same way and I would use hot rollers. My cousin is a hair stylist in Green Bay if you want to talk to someone professional. Send me a private message for more info.
    hanasmommie

Answer by hanasmommie at 12:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Have you tried 1) mousse on wet hair 2) then blowdry, then 3) curling iron, then 4) hairspray? Sometimes its the amount of product that makes it stick.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• They used to make this wash-n-curl shampoo that when I used it my hair would curl easier and stay curly longer. I haven't seen this stuff in years but maybe they still make it and you could try that? I have the same stupidly straight hair. Hot rollers always worked the best for me, but you have to have LOTS of time to let your hair cool completely or it won't work right.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Redken makes something called Hot Sets. You can spray it in wet, blow dry and put it in rollers (fuller, curly hair look). Or, you can spray strand by strand and use a curling iron (the "ribbon" look). It is good stuff. Spray with a lightweight aerosol hairspray (Sebastian Zero Gravity is fantastic) when you're done.

ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My daughter uses a hair spray then curl and spray again maybe a shaping spray I like the one I get at Sally's the name is ION Extra control shaping hair spray
    lanie57

Answer by lanie57 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Don't wash your hair the day you want to curl it. Dirty hair works best. But if you do use Chi flat iron protecting spray, and hair spray. First take a section of hair spray it with the Chi curl, spray with hair spray and repeat till done. Don't run your fingers thru till it is completely cooled. I did this with my daughter, whose hair is straight and down to her butt and it held for 2 days!
    shabrown907

Answer by shabrown907 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009