Amanda Berry and two other women found alive after 10 years missing!

This happened yesterday (early evening), but I figured I would put this here since I haven't seen any other questions about this.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=9092973

The woman's voice was frantic and breathless, and she was choking back tears. ''Help me. I'm Amanda Berry,'' she told a 911 dispatcher. ''I've been kidnapped and I've been missing for 10 years and I'm, I'm here, I'm free now.''

Those words led police to a house near downtown Cleveland where Berry and two other women who vanished a decade ago were found Monday, elating family members and friends who had longed to see them again.

Authorities later arrested three brothers. They released no names and gave no information about them or what charges they might face. A relative said one of them is the homeowner, his nephew Ariel Castro.

City officials have scheduled a news conference for Tuesday morning.

Police Chief Michael McGrath said he thinks Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were tied up at the house and held there since they were in their teens or early 20s.

A 6-year-old also was found in the home, but police didn't disclose the child's identity or relationship to anyone in the home. The women appeared to be in good health and were taken to a hospital to be evaluated and reunited with relatives.

The three were released from Metro Health Medical Center on Tuesday morning.

the article continues at the link given above.  

So three women missing and three brothers arrested.  

I'm not sure how to make this a question, so I guess I will ask what you think the kidnappers deserve as punishment?  

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:35 AM on May. 7, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I cant believe this, I was just reading it and it's so amazing. Makes you wonder what happen in those 10 years. Glad they are found safe and alive and I want to know more about that 6yr old. Is it another kidnapped kid or does it belong to one of the girls? Guess we will all find out soon.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:38 AM on May. 7, 2013

• castration

Answer by Bmat at 9:40 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Oh, and I hope people leave the women alone to recover before they start wanting to make documentaries or made-for-TV movies.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:15 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Happy outcome, but def. not nearly the end for these poor girls. I live aprox 35 mins from Cleveland, & can remember the search for these girls as if it were yesterday, unbelievable that it's been 10+ years!! Heartbreaking that they had to go through this, & that Amanda had to be told just yesterday that she wouldn't be reuniting w/ her mother!! Disgusting that there are people out there like this! And they played the 911 tape, & you couldn't here any real compassion from the 911 operator when she was talking to Amanda! Plus, at first the cops didn't believe that the man (charles) truly had Amanda Berry w/ him!! They didn't take him seriously! Rediculous! It was a man named Arial & his 2 bros, that did this, & they have all been caught. I think he was a former bus driver... They should be locked up for years upon years!! I'm sure the other inmates will take care of the rest of their punishments!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:06 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Amazing. Stories like this don't often have happy outcomes. It's too bad those women had to lose ten of their best adult years; I wish them luck in recovering from this. I guess punishments for the kidnappers will depend on the circumstances of the captivity--I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing turned out to be of a sexual nature, and if so, then castration would be too good for them
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:13 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I heard this on the news last night coming home from work.
    There's so much more to this story that I'm sure will come out, so I think I'll refrain from giving my opinion just yet.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:41 AM on May. 7, 2013

• That's my hometown. I remember when those girls went missing. Also amanda Barry's mom went on montel Williams to ask Sylvia brown about her daughter amanda and Sylvia told her she was dead. It's such a shame that her mother passed away. My home plac is celebrating this miracle. When it broke I just cried.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:52 AM on May. 7, 2013

• They just released that 6yr girl belongs to the Amanda Berry girl.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:25 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I was just reading about this, this morning. It is amazing.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:18 PM on May. 7, 2013

• What a miracle! I hope they are able to rebuild their lives & put this nightmare behind them. When you get a chance, you HAVE to see the interview w/ the neighbor- he's a trip! :p As to the kidnapper & his brothers, I'm thinking letting the family members have at them, but they're probably so relieved to have them back, they wouldn't do the job. So I guess we'll leave it up to Big Bubba!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:32 PM on May. 7, 2013