Facebook question

If I block someone on FB obviously they don't see me and I don't see them. But what if I tag a mutual fdiend in one of my updates and/or pictures...can that blocked person see that?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:43 AM on May. 7, 2013 in Technology

• Bahaha yanno even if you block someone they can still see your profile all they have to do is log out of fb and search you lol.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:51 AM on May. 7, 2013

• To answer your question OP..Yes, tagged pics can be seen
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 7, 2013

• If you need to block people, then you probably shouldn't be on Facebook.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:03 PM on May. 7, 2013

• According to Facebook's help section, if YOU block someone, and THEY tag a mutual friend, you can see that. So I would say that yes, if you block them, they can probably see when you tag mutual friends, since you can see when they do it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:47 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Party, can you explain the reasoning behind that?

I have my ex blocked. He's a nosy ass who would sit outside my house to watch me if it wasn't so obviously illegal. Why should I not be on Facebook because he's an ass?
    Anonymous

• Not true fun. My mom has been blocked and she's tried everything to see my profile but can't. So she sends messages to my kids complaining about it.
    The only way she can, is to start a new FB Acct with a different name and still everythings set to private, so all she sees is my profile pic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I'm a little fuzzy on the blocking thing, but I doubt anyone's ever blocked me (face it, I'm so damn charming), so I'm not sure.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:59 AM on May. 7, 2013

• If you block her she can't see anything that originates with you. From what I understand, anyway. Now if a mutual friend were to post a picture and tag you she'd be able to see THAT, but instead of your name being a link to your page, she would just see your name as regular text with no link.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:24 AM on May. 7, 2013

• "If you need to block people, then you probably shouldn't be on Facebook."

Seriously? Blame it on the person doing the blocking and not the person getting blocked? Most of us only block someone if they deserve it. I have a handful of people blocked - people who try to stir up drama or people I have mutual friends with who I don't want accessing my information. It's not that I post anything I shouldn't - I'm very tame and modest, it's mostly statuses about our son, pictures of him and our pets, etc. But there are just some people I don't want to share that information with. I keep my profile private, so it's not like everyone in the world but them can see it. That's what the function is for. Obviously there IS a need for it if it exists. And not everyone who uses it is being immature or childish.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:20 PM on May. 7, 2013

• yes they would see it if they are friends with the person
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:38 AM on May. 30, 2013