RED & ORANGE urine...? Hmmm MAYBE tmi? adult content

This past Sunday, i was sick all day long.

We had a cinco de mayo/ surprise birthday party for my fiance. I drank, but it wasn't excessive. The week before, i wasn't feeling too great but blamed it on my weak stomach. (It's always weak and nauseas)

So all sunday and yesterday i was sick. Sunday i was throwing up, at LEAST 7 time, i had pure liquid diarrhea and a sore throat from hell that i think was from throwing up so much. No head ache though.

I drank a TON of water and ate very light food to have something in my stomach. I also have recently been in the sun and got a sun burn :(

Today, my neck is stiff, my head hurts and again, my abs and lower back hurt. I thought the abdomin hurt because of how much i vomited.

This morning i went pee, and i thought i started my period it was so RED in the toilet! I didn't, i just peed and it was dark red/tint or orange.

It doesnt feel like a UTI, no pain or discomfort when i pee im not peeing a lot...

Could this be from maybe i am over dehydrated from, the drinking (not excessive at all) the sun burn, and then the throwing up so much Sunday?

I don't have insurance so i cant just go to a doctor.

Thanks girls. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 7, 2013 in Health

• Orange urine 
    Orange urine is hard to miss. Blame it on:

• Medications. Medications that can turn urine orange include rifampin; the anti-inflammatory drug sulfasalazine (Azulfidine); phenazopyridine (Pyridium), a drug that numbs urinary tract discomfort; some laxatives; and certain chemotherapy drugs.

• Medical conditions. In some cases, orange urine can indicate a problem with your liver or bile duct, especially if you also have light-colored stools. Orange urine may also be caused by dehydration, which can concentrate your urine and make it much deeper in color.

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:19 AM on May. 7, 2013

• The last one answers your question really and I would keep drinking water and if this continues to happen in a next day or so. Call around and see if you can see a doctor on a sliding scale.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:21 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I would guess dehydration, like Lost said. Also, I had orange urine when taking Flomax for bladder problems.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:44 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Even though you don't have insurance, can you pay out of pocket for a visit at a clinic? I would get a Hepatitis C test done. Is your skin or whites of your eyes yellowed? Compare it against your kids skin & eyes. If it's yellow then there is a problem with your liver.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:50 AM on May. 7, 2013

• Go get some gatorade!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:02 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I know what its like to have no insurance......The suggestions above sound right,I would think dehydration though and a lil bit of sun poison,just drink lots of clear liquids and try to eat some broth and soup and get some rest if you are still doing this say after a few more days then I would def seek a medical attention. Good luck to you. I hope you get to feeling better.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 1:42 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Could be because of dehydration.  Drink more water.  Your urine is supose to be clear.

Answer by louise2 at 2:50 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I'm probably going to schedule a doctors appointment. I've been drinking tons of water and pure cranberry juice and it isnt helping.

It feels as if it is getting worse because my lower back is becoming VERY sore and tender, last time this all happened, i had a double kidney infection.

:(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 PM on May. 13, 2013