What should I look for in a good computer chair?

I need to pick out a new chair to use at my computer desk. I'm on the third chair in the last five or six years, and I'm not sure why I can't find one that stays comfortable over the long haul. My boyfriend has had the chair he uses at his workbench to fix watches for as long as I've known him, which is ten years. I go to the stores and sit in the chairs an choose one that seems to fit well, but after a year or so, I start having more back issues and leg pain than usual.

What features should I look for in my next chair? How long should I expect a chair to last?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:07 PM on May. 7, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Invest in the best chair you can, if you spend a lot of time at the computer. If you can spring for it, the Herman Miller chairs are wonderful!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:11 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Good cushioning and support, and LOTS of adjustments. You should be able to adjust the chair height, seat depth, seat angle, back height, and back angle.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:11 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I sit on an upholstered stool at my counter. I would go to Staples or another Office Supply Store & sit on them & see which you are comfortable in.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:13 PM on May. 7, 2013