Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

if i make less than the father and he takes me for child support would i be ordered to pay him anything in the state of PA?

Answer Question

Asked by jenstens at 2:07 PM on May. 7, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • depends on who has the child/children

    if 50/

    if he has the child and you do not, then yes, (imo) you will pay something
    it is all a math equation
    more details on who has children and how much time

    Answer by fiatpax at 2:09 PM on May. 7, 2013

  • Thank you for your help. We do have 50/50. It is just so agrivating

    Comment by jenstens (original poster) at 2:13 PM on May. 7, 2013

  • No, if the split is 50/50 and he makes more he might owe you child support. Not sure of the laws in PA, but you can google child support calculator and your state and it will give you a worksheet to fill out as an estimate for child support.

    Answer by missanc at 2:23 PM on May. 7, 2013

  • If it is 50/50 generally neither pays the other but you are both required to pay part of all the children's expenses, depending on the divorce and custody agreements.

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:50 PM on May. 7, 2013

  • Yuo'd only pay support i PA if you do not have your kids....
    So now tell us the rest of the story.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:30 PM on May. 7, 2013

  • 50/50
    and he makes more
    IF he pays no child support on other kids, or has other kids....

    chance are very good, he will end up paying YOU
    is he THAT stupid?

    Answer by fiatpax at 4:31 PM on May. 7, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.