How old do you have to be to start being on adderral?

I feel if I would have taken this in my younger years I would have been better in life.
My life is not bad at all but I could have done better I was so selfconscious of certain stuff (my body, my style) my way of living and so on)
I took a pill the other just for the fun of it and I felt better adjusted (my ds is on this)

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on May. 7, 2013 in Health

• That would be a great question for a psychiatrist. I don't think any drug should be use 'just for the fun of it'. That's a dangerous precedent and a slippery slope. I would suggest you reconsider using it for fun.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:17 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Old enough to know that you should not be taking another persons medication. I think that you may be imagining it if you only took one pill & feel better. My understanding is that most meds like this have a cumulative effect meaning you don't feel a difference until you have taken them for a while.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:19 PM on May. 7, 2013

• That is seriously drug abuse behavior. Adderral is basically legal speed... If you don't need it based on your body's chemistry, then you are just getting yourself high. No wonder you felt better. But it's illegal, and bad for you. (duh!!) BTW, what is your son going to do for the dose you took? Have to go without? That would truly suck for him.... Stop abusing your kid's meds and find some therapy.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:35 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Taking your child's prescription medication "just for fun" is drug abuse. Drug abuse can get your kids taken away. Also, Adderall does not cure or treat symptoms of self consciousness.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:16 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Are you out of your mind?!

You took your son's medication?
    You took prescription drugs for fun?

You do not need adderal you need to be under serious mental care.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:26 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Can someone give me an answer as if you were in my shoes.

When I took it I was feeling blah and decided to take a pill since my ds said he was concentrating better and is doing well in school that's the only reason I took it I am not a freak in any way...just a simple question ladies but thanks anyway :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:50 PM on May. 7, 2013

• If I were in your shoes I would do a little research as to WHY I was feeling like I wanted to take it again and why it had the effects it had on me. Just a quick google had me concerned enough to never want to try it.

http://thisisyourbrainondrugs.org/?p=546

http://adderallabuse.com/

the second link says that it is referred to as a "legal meth prescription" by many.  It is dangerous and should not be used while not under the supervision of a physician / psychiatrist.  Please don't use it again unless YOUR Dr. prescribes it to you.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:59 PM on May. 7, 2013

• If I was in your shoes I would get serious help.
    Do you not understand that you could lose custody of your child. You also deprive him of one dose of his medicine just for kicks. You do not seem to see anything wrong in this.
    Take the hint and get some help.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:17 PM on May. 7, 2013

• What worries me is that you posted this same question a month or so ago. How many of your son's pills have you actually taken?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:11 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Why not just get a legitimate prescription for yourself? I should warn you though that lots of people have become addicted to it and it does have bad side effects. One friend who was on it, lost so much weight that he had to be hospitalized. His behavior changed drastically, too. A few other people I know who have been on it just don't seem right -- it's like something has gone wrong mentally, like they don't know when to stop doing something and get obsessed with whatever they're doing at the moment. I say that you should avoid any medications and just try the natural stuff, like energy drinks/smoothies. Eating blueberries every day improves your concentration, too.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:18 PM on May. 7, 2013