Hey, bummer!

Now why did that question about getting your car stuck have to be deleted? I had a great story to tell! *Sigh.*

So does anybody else have any fun stuck stories?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:19 PM on May. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Ive been stuck a zillion times, in mud mostly. Where I used to live was "high desert" so a lot of sand. In the summer it would suddenly thunderstorm and dirt roads would instantly turn to muck. A friend of mine got stuck like that, no cell service, about 50 miles away from civilization. She climbed a forest ranger tower and got enough cell service to send a text. She sent a 911 to me telling me where she "thought" she was!! I took off in a 4 wheel drive... took me HOURS to find her car, and she wasn't there. Finally found her at a campsite about 20 miles away. She'd gotten a ride from some hunters, and was in their camp getting wasted!! It was so unlike her I had to laugh. Cost her $300.00 to get her car towed out... after the mud dried!! What a mess!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:28 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Darn, I missed it.

I once spent 5 hours stuck in the middle of a marsh with an airboat full of kids that I was giving an alligator tour to. It was awful!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:29 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Nope I just rocked my car out or had some people help push it out depending on whether it was snow, mud or flood. lol
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:24 PM on May. 7, 2013

• We got stuck in a snow ditch while parked about 20 feet from the Flight 93 memorial in Pennsylvania. The back tire just wasn't getting any traction and I was so afraid it would finally catch and we'd plow right into the memorial and thus be suspected of terrorism or something!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:26 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I was also once stuck on the side of a 7-line freeway at night. Years ago my husband was on the way to pick me up from work when the car broke down on the freeway. He told me what exit he was near so I had a friend pick me up and drop me off from the street at the exit so she didn't have to get on the freeway and go completely out of her way. Well, my husband failed to tell me that he was on the left side of the freeway, I was on the right. I could see the car, across the 7 lanes of high speed traffic, but he couldn't see me. My phone was dead and the exit I was next to was the exit to the military base so no businesses were within a good mile. I cried. A few minutes later a highway patrol officer pulled over and accused me of trying to run across the freeway. SERIOUSLY??? Anyway, he drove me to the nearest gas station where my husband had the car towed to.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:38 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I was riding in my ex's Pinto hatchback. Actually, he was my fiance at the time--he's lucky I married him after our nasy adventure. We were supposed to deliver some stuff to a farm, and the owners weren't home. My fiance pulled into the driveway, and it looked like the drive continued all the way around behind the barn. He thought the boxes we had to leave would be safer back there, so around we went--sploosh! The ground that looked clear and packed behind the barn was actually an open, and tragically unmarked, lagoon for pig manure. We had to dig out the front end, almost to the door handles, and then call a truck with a winch to yank the car out. I'm fairly confident that I won't ever have to do anything that nasty again in the expected span of the rest of my life.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 4:51 PM on May. 7, 2013