Pms/tmi

Why does a woman feel like crap two weeks before her period?
I've noticed I'm moody as hell,and depressed.
I also have noticed a really itchy vagina.
My stomach always feels bloated and I've gained 10lbs.
I'm adding in also that I'm 40
I need some remedies that will help me feel better not drugs from a doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on May. 7, 2013 in Health

• Do you exercise or stretch out when you get cramps?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:12 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Um, all you can do is to try different things to see what works for you. Not all treatments or alternatives will work the same for each of us. Also, as you age, it does tend to get worse and I'll tell you, menopause is no fun either. You'll probably spend the next 10-15 years feeling up and down with those issues. They are normal. Unfortunately, it's part of being a woman....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:16 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Oh, not sure about an itchy vag, but if its similar to a yeast infection you can take a supplement of acidophilus to replenish the good bacteria that is killed during a yeast infection (can find in the healthy living or vitamin section - i hear the refrigerated ones are best). I think hormonal changes can make that happen. Not sure what to suggest for the moodiness or depression. Maybe working out can help with that too.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:16 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I will try the acidophilus,and exercise maybe it will help liven me up!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:19 PM on May. 7, 2013

• exercise really helps relieve cramping and bloating. Sex helps cramping too! (really truly)
    are you drinking enough water (1/2 your body weight in ounces each day). Believe it or not, it's a LACK of water that causes bloating (not too much as commonly thought), and how's your salt intake - too much will hold too much water in your system.

Properly hydrating can also make a difference in your dry problem. Also, acidophilus to maintain a healthy environment down there. And easy on the douching! That can ruin the healthy bacteria environment and cause dryness too.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:59 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Two weeks before is ovulation.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:04 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I'd work on nutrition and exercise. Serisously, I'm 42 and finally saw a naturopath who has really helped straighten me out with diets and just a few good supplements. I definitely feel better. Hormones change as we age, sometimes we're deficient in certain things that were never a problem before.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:06 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I use an essential oil blend called "Solace Monthly Blend" and it has helped me so much. It's all natural, no side effects :)
    AromaDrops33

Answer by AromaDrops33 at 3:10 PM on May. 8, 2013