Need Sleep! Lol.

Okay, so this is a question I guess/advice. 3 1/2 Month Old DD, I put her in her bassinette to sleep everynight, well I am EBFing, and 1) I wanted to know if it is normal for her to wake up about every 1-2 hours? Sometimes she sleeps a little while longer. 2) How do I tell when she wakes up is she is hungry or just fussy? I try to give her her binki but by that time she is so worked up nothing works but nursing. 3) How can I get her to sleep longer without letting her cry it out? I am halfway down for co-sleeping so I can just pop her on (lol) and get back to sleep. The SO thinks she will want to sleep with us forever if we do that. Thank you for your answers. Hopefully I gave enough info, if not it's because of sleep deprivation lol.

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 12:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, it's normal for EBF babies to wake up that often in the beginning. My daughter is almost two months old and is formula fed, so she sleeps about six hours every night (but that only started recently aaack). I usually can tell when my baby is fussy when she just fusses, then eventually goes back to sleep. I know she's really actually hungry when she starts wailing. Then I'll get up and make a bottle. I couldn't tell you how to get her to sleep longer right now, most people say you can't put babies on real schedules until they're older. The way I got my daughter to sleep all night, though, was to keep her up as much as possible during the day. If she takes too many naps she'll be up ALL night. Right now she only takes about a two or three hour nap and then sleeps all night long. Good luck =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2009