my daughter is 2 and her hair is growing but it always looks like she has something in it. its dry and course. how can i make it soft.

Her hair reminds me of someone that got electricuted. She is too pretty to have her hair to look like that.

Asked by sunandmoon678 at 4:28 PM on May. 7, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not trying to be rude but what race is she? It makes a difference with your options.

• Maybe a drop or two of some kind of light smoothing serum, like BioSilk. Don't use too much or it will look greasy.

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:42 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I use argon oil shampoo/conditioner on DD and myself.

Answer by liss05 at 4:42 PM on May. 7, 2013

• My DD had frizzy looking hair forever. I was reluctant to cut it because I wanted her so bad to have long hair. Well, when she went and cut it herself... I had to cut it to her chin. BEST thing I could have done for her hair. It has grown back SO MUCH nicer. So my suggestion is to keep trimming it while that frizzy baby hair grows out. There will be plenty of time for long hair later.

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:44 PM on May. 7, 2013

• are you using baby shampoo? Maybe a different kind. I am not sure if they have conditioners for babies.
    Maybe take her in for a haircut and see what the professionals say.

Answer by Dardenella at 4:45 PM on May. 7, 2013

• If you keep her hair short for the first four or five years, it will grow in much thicker as she gets older.

Answer by Ballad at 4:58 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I use coconut oil ( just a little bit) in my dd's hair

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:10 PM on May. 7, 2013

• how are her iron levels? straggly hair CAN (but not always) indicate low iron

Answer by daylily888 at 5:25 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Stop washing it so much?

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:01 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Use shampoos designed to moisturize and leave conditioner in the hair for at least 3 minutes. Some shampoos are too strong and strip the hair too much or leave a residue, like Tresemme or Pert (I avoid those like the plague!). Suave Naturals, Herbal Essences, L'Oreal Vive are good shampoos. Be sure to blow dry on medium heat but if you don't have that setting on your dryer, alternate between high and low heat and only dry it to about 80%. Use a silicone gloss spray like Suave Shine  or leave-in conditioner

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:24 PM on May. 7, 2013