Is 11 okay for your little girl to be wearing Victorias Secrets PINK?

I have one daughter that is 15, we buy ALL her bras and underwear from PINK, mainly because its comfortable and long lasting. I do not let my 15 year old wear the thongs and the lace just cotton underwear, and i'm okay with push-up bras because she doesnt have mush to push up. My 11 year old daughter is now in her training bras, but I but her under wear from PINK, Is that ok? I only buy her the cotton bikini style nothing tiny, but her friends have seen it in her drawers and have told their moms that she wears it. So now they are telling me that she shouldn't be wearing it and that it bad influence. But i find it fine that she wears it. I guess all I'm asking is if its ok. How old should you be to buy from PINK or VS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on May. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• If its no different than other big brand underwear then I don't see the issue. If it's lacy and sexy, I would think that was too much for an11 year old. My DD won't be getting anything from Pink. I'm not a big VS fan as it is.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:31 PM on May. 7, 2013

• It's underwear... Buy what she likes.

The idea of it being VS, is simply ridiculous... It's just another brand name.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:32 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I have no idea what "Pink" is. Who are these Women who have the balls to tell you what your child should not be wearing & telling you that your Daughter is a bad influence? Who tells another Mother that? Maybe a Sister but not a non relative. Tell them to MYOB!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:33 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I personally wouldn't shop in VS for my 11 yo or my 15 yo. They get enough business from me. Even if you don't buy the lacy/sexy styles, there is a connotation to VS lingerie that I don't want attached to my daughters.

Answer by missanc at 6:39 PM on May. 7, 2013

• First and foremost I want to say that this is your child and your money and it is none of their business. If you think it is ok then you do what you think is best.

I can see no reason why her friends are in her underwear drawer. That to me is just "not done" and I would put a stop to that.
    I can see that if they are old enough to be showering after gym that the other girls might notice what underwear she is wearing. Again no one else's business.

I personally would not buy anything for an 11 or a 15 year old from VS because the shop is geared to the sexual nature of women and these are children. It is not the underwear itself that I would not care for but the inference to my child that might be given by its place of origin. JMO.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:40 PM on May. 7, 2013

• There are more important issues we need to pay attention to than what brand draws we are wearing.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:43 PM on May. 7, 2013

• It's fine for your 11 year old. When the other moms heard Pink they auto jumped to VS and sexy lacy stuff. My guess is none of them have even been in the store. Probably not even aware they sell cotton panties. Tell them to mind their own children and stop being so concerned about your daughter's underwear. Seriously that much interest in your child's undergarments is kind of creepy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:44 PM on May. 7, 2013

• 'PINK' is VS line created for teens and college students. I personally would not shop for my child in that store because there are so many other options out there but I don't think there is anything inappropriate about that line. VS in general is associated with very adult clothing and under clothes so even though the PINK line is quite tame I would not want my DD wearing a brand that is known for it's racy side.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:45 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I really don't think what brand her underwear is should be an issue.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:50 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Wow. What kind of person would comment on the type of underwear someone's child is wearing. Seriously. It's none of their business, and very rude to say anything. I don't have girls, but after reading some previous comments about PINK, I checked out that side of VS. Its mostly bright colors, and fun things including hoodies, sweats, etc. Besides the price of some stuff, I don't see anything to get anyone's knickers in a twist over!! LOL I bought some stuff for my god-nieces, and no one batted an eye when I gave it to them.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:02 PM on May. 7, 2013