Update on dog bite.

This morning I got a call from the apartment manager. She seemed really concerned and said she would take care of everything. Apparently, the lady was only suppose to have two dogs instead of four and she will be getting rid of two of them very soon. I also got a call from animal control and they told me that the dog that bit me was up to date on his rabies shots. The dog will also be quarantined for 10 days. 

I woke up this morning and my leg was pretty bruised. I had the school nurse look at it and she told me to keep it iced and take some Tylenol for the fever. If the fever continues for more than another day then I will need to go to the doctor. My husband took a picture of my leg and he will give it to the officer who did the report tonight so that he can include that in the report, just in case.

Anyways, thanks for all of the well wishes! And to make this an official question. Have you ever been bitten by an animal? 

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:02 PM on May. 7, 2013 in Pets

• Good to hear there seems to be an attentive response.

I haven't been bitten like that. Sort of just bitten and scratched by a couple of cats, but I can say with certainty that I probably deserved most of them.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:06 PM on May. 7, 2013

• yes. I was 2! The neighbor cat attacked me. I still remember it all!
    Got so infected I was in the hospital for almost a week (they never fed their cat dry food, only wet = no "teeth cleaning" by the scraping of the dry).
    The neighbor insisted he provide more than compensation for the medical bills (that's all my parents wanted). It bought me a car when I turned 18! Pretty sweet little deal!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 7:07 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Not that bad! I hope you don't have to go to the doctor and it gets better soon!
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 7:07 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Get well soon! Animal bites are no fun!
    daylily888

• I'm glad the apartment manager is taking the situation seriously. I hope you feel better soon.

I haven't been bitten by a dog or cat, but when I did parrot rescue, I got chomped on so hard by an African grey that I still have the resulting scar on my arm. Job hazard, I guess. The bird hated women and kids because its former owner had let her 12-year-old son pluck out all of its feathers one by one--then she gave the bird away because it turned mean. Duh!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:15 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Oh my goodness, Ballad! How horrible! I really hate irresponsible pet owners. 

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:21 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I was nipped a bit and have a couple of scars from where the cat I used to have scratched me, but I've never been bitten the way you were. That's awful! Glad you're doing okay right now and hope you don't have any major problems from it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:41 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I hope you will feel better soon.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:42 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I am so glad that you got the info that the dog at least had his shots. Rabies is terrible and getting the shots for it is not picnic either. I thank God that I have never had to experience that personally. I am glad that you dotted all your i's and have it documented AND that they will have to get rid of 2 of the dogs. I will bet she will also not be allowed to renew.
    I hope you continue to get better.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:13 PM on May. 7, 2013

• For me it is an occupational hazard, I'm a groomer and have previously worked in kennels, vet clinics, etc. So in the last 11-12 years I've had 4 that counted, the most recent was actually last week. If you haven't gone to the doctor, go soon. They will give a prescription for augmentin (sp?) because animal bites get infected a lot more than anything else and it's easier to prevent it. If it breaks the skin at all it counts.
    Fairierose81

Answer by Fairierose81 at 10:17 PM on May. 7, 2013