Do you and hubby...

Go on date night!! We do every now and then but our kids are 16 and 12 now. We didnt so much we they were little,sometimes but not as much as we do now.And when and if we did we always made arrangements with someone one we trust like nanny or granny to keep them. There is a couple down the road that has three kids the oldest is 13 the middle is 11 the youngest is 8. They leave them at home alone on the weekends and go on date night now keep in mind the 13 year old just turned 13. Idk I think that is too young. Maybe I am just different what do yall think. I didnt know wether to put this is relationships or general parenting so I am gonna choose general parenting.

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 8:08 PM on May. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• We do every once in a while. It's hard when you're a young family, saving money, etc, and even harder when you have 4 kids that need to be babysat. As for leaving kids home alone, I was raised as an only child (even though I have three older siblings and 2 younger siblings), and I wasn't left home alone until I was about 15. So I can't imagine leaving a 13 year old home in charge of 2 younger kids. And after hearing all the stories from DH about when his older brother watched him and his little sister(they are all 5 years apart), I'm not sure I will ever leave mine home alone. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:26 AM on May. 8, 2013

• We try to, if not, then we go to lunch sometimes during the week. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:14 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Once in a while we leave our daughter with her nanna and sneak out to dinner or something, but I'd say not more than every three months. As to your neighbors, I believe a child can be left alone and in charge of other kids legally at twelve, but I'm not sure I would leave a thirteen-year-old to watch two younger kids unless I was going to be very close by for a short time and had a cell phone with me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:22 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Yes, we usually go on the weekends my 3 oldest are at their dads and leave our 2 and 4 yo with my parents or inlaws.
    But I do leave my little ones with my 11 and 13 yo for a couple hours here and there. My 13 yo is extremely responsible and I was babysitting other people's kids at that age.

Answer by missanc at 8:22 PM on May. 7, 2013

• No
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:50 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Every few weeks we have date night.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:15 PM on May. 7, 2013

• Now that our oldest is old enough to babysit, we get out by ourselves a little more frequently. If we take the baby with us, we can get out for longer periods of time. If not, it has to be a fairly quick trip.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:27 PM on May. 7, 2013

• I was babysitting other people's kids at 12, so 13 seems old enough to me.....as long as the kids get along pretty well.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:29 PM on May. 7, 2013

• We try to but our son is only 5, so we have to arrange sitting.

I would have no problem leaving a child with a 13 yr old that I thought was responsible enough. Some 13 yr old are some arent

I was babysitting my siblings at age 11(they were 7 and 3). I stayed home alone all weekend first time at age 12.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:35 PM on May. 7, 2013

• not really- though when they were younger we would go to lunch together while they were at school once in awhile
    now- we go out to breakfast with a couple that he know from work- we do that every couple weeks
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:48 PM on May. 7, 2013