Infuriating

I subscribe to Elle Magazine and just read an article by a mother complaining about how many 'professional working women' blather on and on about how great their children are and how sick of it she is. She went on to say 'having a baby is certainly not my biggest accomplishment' and ridiculed women who say this is the case. I am disgusted by this attitude and as a 28 year old professional, pregnant woman have encountered it in many fresh-out-of-college, anti-kid 'feminists.' What the hell is going on here? Has anyone else encountered such self-righteous anti-kid attitudes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sure , there are lots of asses out there lol.I think it depends on your personal choices what is "biggest accomplishment" for a woman.For me , it is that I am raising a son to be a good human being, and will have another son in may and God willing he will grow to be a good man as well.If someones ideas are diff, thats great, but to ridicule someone else is wrong and I would wrte the magazine to let them know it was offensive to you.Like I said , to each his own, but if I respect you, please respect mine. :o) all in all some people are just asses.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hmmm...I kind of understand what she is saying...even though I don't fully agree. Maybe she means that giving birth, in itself, is not really a great accomplishment. Just about any woman can do it. There are many things a person can do to make the world a better place. I also think that raising your kids right is one of the best things we can do for the world....though raising kids is different than giving birth. And there are no real guarantees that when you raise a child they will become decent and productive citizens ...no matter what you do. Some will turn out bad no matter if you did everything right, and some will turn out good even if you did everything wrong. Having children is really, pretty much, a selfish endeavor. Feeding hungry children, that have no relation to you, for example, is a selfless endeavor.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009