Is Mother's Day, just another day for you, w/ maybe a few gifts (homemade or not) thrown in?

Do you usually get a relaxing day away from the norm on mother's day, or is it just a regular day w/ regular housekeeping chores & taking care of the kiddos.... Along w/ a gift or 2 thrown into the mix?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 8:25 AM on May. 8, 2013 in Holidays

• It's just another day in our house
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:40 AM on May. 8, 2013

• We go out to eat,but i still have my chores to do. I don't mind. Life goes on. I feel loved and appreciated every day

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:46 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Just another day
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:50 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Just another day, just add breakfast in bed (I get about 5 minutes to eat) and then cards (which I love) and gifts (which I could totally do without). The rest of the day is pretty normal.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:55 AM on May. 8, 2013

• We go out to dinner, and my kids usually make me some cards and some small, homemade gifts, but other than that, it's usually business as usual. They still fight and argue. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:57 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Just another day- I want to avoid going out to eat and my kids don't do much except say Happy Mothers day (though they gave me things they made at school when they were younger)

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:06 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Just another day. Still nice when the kids make me something though.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:21 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Normally we celebrate the fact my mom is still with me she will be 94 this month...and this year we got two other mothers in the family that will have their first mother's day, so I am planning a pool party and BBQ for all. It is worth all the trouble of cooking and preparing, I love doing this!

Answer by older at 9:28 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Just another day generally. I have boys and they could care less about Mothers Day, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:29 AM on May. 8, 2013

• It's just another day with a few gifts the kids have made at school. My husband keeps promising me that I'll get to sleep in and be lazy and all that, but he won't get up when the kids get up so it turns into just another day.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:46 AM on May. 8, 2013