Did you choose your religion because someone else badgered you into it?

Just curious how often the constant barrage of "Satan is in control" and "you need to accept the Lord to have peace" actually works.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:41 AM on May. 8, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Uh,no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:44 AM on May. 8, 2013

• No
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:51 AM on May. 8, 2013

• as an adult- no
    as a kid- it's not like you are gonna say no, when they are talking all about God's love and how bad Satan is
    and they are always asking kids who have not done it yet to accept Jesus and whatnot
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:01 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Well as a kid sure. Not now though. I have been coerced into a few eyerolls from people trying to convert me, but I suppose that could have been the devil being forced out of me from the religious dogma. Unfortunately for me the words weren't strong enough to release me from his grip. ( Oh man that was hard to type with a straight face. )
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:13 AM on May. 8, 2013

• I've never been badgered into anything.  I'm far too stubborn and strong willed for that!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:13 AM on May. 8, 2013

• No
    Sbnchrln

Answer by Sbnchrln at 9:13 AM on May. 8, 2013

• No, I didn't. I was never badgered and my family took us to church all the time. As a matter of fact, nobody ever even spoke to me of "religion" except for one time, and that was done with the utmost love. It's really a shame that many have seemingly had an experience so different from mine. God is love and is not at all into "badgering."
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:16 AM on May. 8, 2013

• No, never
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:25 AM on May. 8, 2013

• As a child I was raised in a Christian home, forced to go to church. I guess it was like Santa, the Easter bunny, and tooth fairy. I believed what I was told until I realized hey this not real lol Now I'm badgered because I'm not a Christian... and deffinatly can not be badgered back into it. It's a waste of their time.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:41 AM on May. 8, 2013

• No. I was raised Baptist but my family didn't go to church. I'd visit some bible school things with my cousins but I didn't go to church until my brother was baptized (I was 14) and it's sad but the only reason I went was b/c of a boy I thought was awesome. But I ended up loving the church (and then the boy lol we dated 8 years on and off)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:06 AM on May. 8, 2013