Update on the idiot teacher. Gr! She is about to cry b/c I'm LIVID!

Ok so as most of you know, my dd's teacher wants to hold her back b/c of bullshit reading grades where there is a lot of crap in Spanish. Well....yesterday, dd came home without her reading book. I was about to get onto her for not bringing it home until I found a note in her folder from the teacher. It read "She let me borrow her book for the new student b/c we don't have enough books." REALLY? I sent her a note this morning. I said "If Josie isn't doing well in reading, why is her book being lent out instead of a book that belongs to a student who is making better grades? It doesn't make sense to me. If she isn't doing as well as you think she should, then she obviously needs her book so we can practice her reading skills at home." Well the dumb bitch called me this morning. I wasn't home from dropping dd off yet, so she left a voice mail. She went on about how she don't know why I'm upset with her, I know we disagree...blah blah blah. Well bitch, I'm about to tell you. I'm waiting on her to call me back. How bad do you think this is going to get? She has NO IDEA who she's fucking with.

thanks for letting me vent* :)

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 9:46 AM on May. 8, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That doesn't make sense at all. I agree, if she finds your DD lacking in reading skills it doesn't make sense to lend her book out to a new student and leave her with nothing. I would probably insist on a meeting with her and the Principal. This needs to go beyond the classroom so that they know that you are holding them all accountable.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2013

• That is one cockamamie, bullshit answer. I do believe it's time to raise some hell with the principal.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:56 AM on May. 8, 2013

• A book shouldn't have been taken from ANY of the students. The teacher needs to make an effort in finding one, even if it's asking another class.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:59 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Rather than taking the whole book, she should have just made copies of that days/weeks pages until a book could be found for the new student. Taking a book from any student (passing or failing) is unfair to that student.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:08 AM on May. 8, 2013

• I agree go beyond the classroom. She could have easily made copies for the new child until she found a new book...and why didn't she doe this BEFORE the student arrived. Typically the student just doesn't show up that day...the school would have been informed(at least a day in advance) that they had a new child coming.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:43 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Well, at least she acknowledged not thinking straight.
    That is a relief!
    Maybe see how she handles it.
    Obviously, there are other solutions that she didn't come up with in the moment but I think being willing to address the situation now that she's reevaluated it says a lot for her. I guess this doesn't address your other issues with her but I do think it's affirming if a person can acknowledge a mistake and move forward.
    Of course your frustration with the situation was valid! I'm glad she seems to be responding in a constructive way.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:21 AM on May. 8, 2013

• wow...that goes beyond not thinking...thats just stupid. if that happened in my classroom id think "oh i'll make copies" or if i did panic for some reason id take a book from a kid who is above average in reading, not someone who is struggling. if it werent for the holding back thing, id say just let it go cause the year will be over soon...but it sounds to me like she's trying to solidify your DD being held back instead of trying to help her get better at reading.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:23 PM on May. 8, 2013

• It sounds like the teacher may be young or inexperience, which is no excuse. Go over her head.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:35 PM on May. 8, 2013

• My whole problem with all of it is if your dd was having trouble all year with reading why is she just now coming to you? Why wait until it's almost to late to do anything to help her improve her grade? You need to request a conference with the teacher and principal and find out what is going on. I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt but the more I think on this the more I wonder.....
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:30 PM on May. 8, 2013

• ok, just got off the phone with her. Her excuse? "this new boy in my class had me so upset yesterday I wasn't thinking straight" really? you let a 7 year old kid run all over you. she should not be a teacher. she's officially on my shit list. I made nice, for now, but that's only b/c I don't want to make things even harder on my girl
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on May. 8, 2013