I am so over my boss doing this, any advice?

He calls me honey, babe, or button. I asked him to please call me by my name!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 8, 2013 in Money & Work

• I had to do this just recently and frankly got to the point that I just didn't give a damn about him but only me! One particular man was making me VERY uncomfortable. Once I finally reported it, I found out I wasn't the only one!
    He's now unemployed...
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:35 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Talk to someone in your HR department. They wil get him to stop it immediately.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:46 AM on May. 8, 2013

• My boss has been calling the ladies in the office his "girls" all his life. He's in his 70's so I don't see it changing. He means no harm from it and we all take it in stride knowing this.

If you have a younger boss who is calling you these names then you need to go over his head to his boss. I hate to say file a formal complant because that usually backfires on the person filing the complaint making their life miserable. If there's no one else you can go to then I'd start looking for another job.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:48 AM on May. 8, 2013

• talk to HR
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:50 AM on May. 8, 2013

• If he is continuing to do this after you've asked him not to, call HR! This is very inappropriate and unprofessional!
    Borderline sexual harassment. Intimidation might be a better word.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:56 AM on May. 8, 2013

• He is the same age as me, and it drives me crazy, he seems to do it even more now that I asked him not to! I think he would be upset if I called him by anything other than his name! I am a bit afraid to call HR, but if I have to I have to, I think the intimidation hit the nail on the head.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on May. 8, 2013