Loving thine enemy...

http://www.vnews.com/home/6070673-95/hartford-man-offers-burial-plot-for-boston-bombing-suspect

Hartford — A retired Hartford High School teacher has offered a private burial plot in Connecticut to the family of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the suspect in the Boston bombings who died in a shootout with police.

Paul Keane, 68, took to his blog Monday evening to offer the Hamden, Conn., plot to the family.

“I am willing to donate a burial plot next to my mother in Mt. Carmel Burying Ground to the Tsarnaev family if they cannot obtain a plot,” he wrote. “The only condition is that I do it in memory of my mother who taught Sunday School at the Mt. Carmel Congregational Church for 20 years and taught me to ‘love thine enemy.’ ”

Keane, a Hartford village resident who ran for state representative last year relying solely on social media, declined to comment on the record yesterday, other than restating his mother’s advice.

Keane’s offer comes at a time when the final resting place of the 26-year-old Tsarnaev, who died on April 19, is a hotly debated topic.

So we all know that no one wants him burried in Boston or in the US for that matter, what do you think of this man's actions from a religious (or not religious) point of view? 

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 11:45 AM on May. 8, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I am not in a position to judge the man's heart nor his motives, although they seem to be pure and honest. From a humane point of view, it seems like a decent and honorable thing to have done. It will be interesting to see if the killer's family takes him up on his offer.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:51 AM on May. 8, 2013

• Is that a Catholic cemetery? We buried my sister in one because my uncle was nice enough to share his plot. She was not Catholic but the cemetery did have one stipulation and that was there HAD to be a christian symbol on the headstone. Seeing that Tamerlan is a Muslim, I don't see how his family would go for that.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:55 AM on May. 8, 2013

• I think he's a great gesture but it will be a BIG mistake to bury him in the US. His grave will be destroyed within days.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:05 PM on May. 8, 2013

• I don't know if it is Catholic or not. I think it was a noble move and shows true faith. If we ever had an enemy this would be the guy.
    amazinggrace83

Comment by amazinggrace83 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on May. 8, 2013

• I agree with lost soul. It's all so sad, every bit of it.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 12:16 PM on May. 8, 2013

• It is a noble gesture, but I don't relate it to any religion other than kindness.....

Answer by older at 12:16 PM on May. 8, 2013

Answer by LostSoul88 a minute ago

Probably so... didn't think about that.
    amazinggrace83

Comment by amazinggrace83 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on May. 8, 2013

• I would also be concerned what will be done to the grave after he is buried. There's a good chance his mother's plot will also be damaged by proximity unless there is a 24 hour guard put up.

Nice gesture of him.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:36 PM on May. 8, 2013

• He has a good heart.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:40 PM on May. 8, 2013

• I think people are going to shit on his mother's grave, literally. Respect for a stranger who happens to be someone's mother is never going to outweigh the hate people have for those two.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:50 PM on May. 8, 2013