• In the Spotlight:

I need help with a “congratulations on your engagement” Poem

I would love to send my sister a poem congratulating them both on their recent engagement.

I found poems online that are from the couple TO the couple, not from others (like a sister)

I need help, because English is NOT my first language and future brother in law speaks only English and this is done for both

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Poems don't have to rhyme. Many don't. Just write out your feelings...only you can say it best.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I see you're now engaged
    A very happy couple
    may your days be blessed
    your joy does more than double

just remember these happy days
    when you realize what most of us get
    is really a prison sentence
    that amounts to a life of sh**

That was a joke...Please - whatever you do...don't really use this. I'm just having fun.
    Anonymous

• Not poems, but maybe you could make it work. I found them on a quotes site one time and I loved them.

"'Where's home for you?' a stranger asked a fellow traveler. 'Wherever she is,' came the reply, as the man pointed at his wife."

"Cherish the love you had yesterday; that you still have today and look forward to cherishing the love you shall have tomorrow."
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Check out some o the E-card sites ans see if you find something you like. Givecredit if you find one. Also they do make engagement cards that you could purchase.
    Search wedding planner sites.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 11:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would look up something geared toward sisters.. or congradulations (sorry, I can't serf the net to find one for you, I only can type in direct addresses right now thanx to someone messing up my internet).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2009