How can I help my 7 month old learn to crawl?

She can already roll over and push up on her arms but she doesn't really know how to move her legs to get anywhere lol. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to help her learn!

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 12:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just lay her on her tummy every day. She'll learn instinctively.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• girlie... they will crawl when they are ready.. Kadin is almost 9 months trying to crawl now! But,.. get on the floor with ur lil one, get behind them, put ur hand on ther feet while they are in a crawling position, dont push let them push off of ur feet... work with ur lil one on the floor the most.. the more they are on the floor the better. But that hint I gave u about putting ur hand on there feet I learned from therapy kadin is in physcial therapy
    KadinsMommy528

Answer by KadinsMommy528 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Or try putting something in front of them so they can try to reach out and get it. They will eventually get it don't rush it.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Your baby will crawl whenever she is ready. Our DD learned how to crawl AFTER she learned how to walk ;)

Dont push her. Dont force her. Giver her toys and she will either try to reach them or not.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• im doing the same thing with my 7 month old! shes on the floor all the time now, and i keep putting toys just out of her reach. she goes backward great but cant seem to go forward yet lol. you can help by putting your hand behind her feet so she can push off this will help to learn the concept of going forward. good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• don't woory about it my 7 month old isn't crawling yet either it will all come when they are ready.
    Kayla23boys

Answer by Kayla23boys at 1:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• MY SON DIDNT REALLY CRAWL. HE WALKED AT 9 1/2 MONTHS AND JUST RECENTLY HE IS WANTING TO CRAWL EVERYWHERE, HE IS 2 NOW
    eddysmommy

Answer by eddysmommy at 1:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009