how many women?

Yesterday I was having tighting in my stomach, every 3-6 min.. not really hurting., but I for sure could tell they were there! went to the doctor to get checked out.. they told me to ecnore it, that I was softened, but not dialated yet. Today am still having the same problem, but now having a bloody show, and mucas! ill be 40 weeks on saturday! Any budy else go there that? its my first baby, so just curious what other women went threw, right before they went into labor

ashcrash

Asked by ashcrash at 12:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• bloody show can come weeks beofre. I t sounds like BH contractions, are what you are having tho.Right before your water can break, diareeha, intense cramping that you can time, and are more painful. its diff for everyone... good luck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• if it ishappening again but with a new symtom ( the bloody show ) then id go ahead and call your dr again this close to the end its better to be safe then sorry lol you dont want that baby of yours to pop out in the car lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• sounds like you're really close! Call the doc again, but be prepared for them to tell you to just take it easy and come to the hospital when you're having regular contractions that are increasing in intensity and frequency.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 12:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Sounds like you body is getting ready to deliver. They are probably BH contractions which was mentioned before. Even if they are not regular, it you can't talk through a contraction or have to stop when walking to catch your breath, call you doctor.
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 12:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• if you are having any form of blood call your doctor
    Anonymous

• Your contractions are braxtin hicks (sorry HORRIBLE speller! lol). There obviousley not real ones because..TRUST me..the real ones are almost UNBARABLE! I have BH when i was like 30weeks! I never had the bloody show tho..so maybe your close maybe not? I would just wait n see what happenes..you'd hate to keep jackin up your hospital bill or keep goin there when your soon your gunna be there for a couple days! lol CONGRATS N GOOD LUCK!!!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my contractions werent horrible until my water broke and I could still handle them.I was induced so I didnt quite go thru much, but I do know that when you lose your plug its almost time, and judging your due any day now I would call the Dr. just to make sure of whats goin on.CONGRATS!!!
    Anonymous

• Having a bloody show means that you've lost your mucus plug, which is the mucus that keeps your cervix held together through pregnancy. You usually lose it before you go into labor... however it can be lost up to two weeks before you go into labor.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 8:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009