Thinking of ditching my glasses for contacts. Any advice for me?

Are they comfortable? I just turned 40 and would like to not wear my glasses
any longer.

Futuregirlzone

Asked by Futuregirlzone at 12:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have really sensitive eyes and the can wear them. They are just time consuming to deal with. Now that I need reading glasses when I wear them, I just usually stick with my glasses unless I am out with my husband.
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 12:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I've been wearing contacts since I was 15 and I'm now in my 30s. I love them. Once you get the hang of it, they're a cinch. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Oh, and I don't think they're time consuming. They take me about 10 seconds to take out, and 15 seconds to put in.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• good luckDon't ditch your glasses you will need your glasses for the times you don't feel like wearing your contacts, and yes the contacts are comfortable once you are used to them.

At first they will feel like an eyelash in your eye but after you get use to them you will feel like nothing but you have to listen to the doctor's instructions.

You might want to get a new pair of glasses while your there you vision changes every year.

They say once you hit your 40's our vision start to go down hill :(            I'm 45.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Not everybody can actually wear contacts though. make sure you check with your optometrist.
    I remember when my dad wanted to ditch his glasses, the doc told him his right eye has a bend or something so the contact would not stay in there.

well my husbands eyes sore all the time from wearing contacts for too long.

and me, well i rather stay with my pretty glasses. its cheaper and imo i look better with them :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Just buy one pair (or ask for a trial pair) and wear them around. I always had problems with contacts moving around on my eye and blurring my vision. I was better off without them. Then, I found out that I had astigmatism and I needed special contacts. Make sure you go to an optometrist that really knows what they're doing and tell them if they don't feel right. Contacts are really pretty easy to deal with though, and being free of glasses is nice.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I have been wearing contacts since i was 14, i never wanted to wear glasses, and im almost 30 now... I have to wear glasses cause the contacts over time, have scratched, cause infection and you name it... I hate to be that girl in glasses agian, but its better than loosing an eye...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I have worn contacts for years and I love them. I wear 2 week disposables. So i throw them away every 2 weeks.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Be sure to get soft contacts and when you blink, learn to fully close your eye. If you don't already do this it may take a few days practice. Blinking fully redistributes the tears over the eyeball and the contact so it is lubricated. Never use OTC eyedrops unless you take the contacts out first unless the package says it is safe to use while wearing contacts. If any irritation develops call the eye doctor immediately. I've worn contacts for almost 20 years with no problems.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I am or going to be 52 years old have had contacts since 1975 (got my first job LOL) had the hard ones up to about a year ago went to soft LOVE them go for it u well love them good luck
    lanie57

Answer by lanie57 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009