Good shampoo and soap for eczema?

I know that eczema is usually a kid thing but this is for me. I've been having a huge problem with soaps. I've been using mostly baby soaps but they just don't cut through the normal everyday oil, same when I tried Dr. Bronner's soap.
I don't want to live itching and peeling but I also don't want to live with constant greasy hair.

Any ideas of what works for you or your kids?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 7:34 PM on May. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• I've also tried unscented so I know that it's not just fragrances,it's the soap.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 7:35 PM on May. 8, 2013

• Try Neutrogena.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:48 PM on May. 8, 2013

• Aveno sp? Is what I use for my dd. it works good for her.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:00 PM on May. 8, 2013

• My dermatologist recommends cetaphil. you can also try plain white dove or Ivory soap.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 PM on May. 8, 2013

• If it actually does what the commercials say, I would say go with Dove, as its suppose to moisturize your skin, not dry it out like most soaps. Otherwise, try to lotion up right after before drying too much, and always pat dry your skin, do not rub dry it!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:59 PM on May. 8, 2013

• Lotion works well for skin but not very well for my head which is peeling and itching the most.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 9:42 PM on May. 8, 2013

• CereVe (sp?) is the best lotion I've found, but I'm not sure about soap and shampoo. Something fre of dyes and perfumes, to start with.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:54 PM on May. 8, 2013

• My sister had prescription shampoo from the dermatologist.

Answer by missanc at 6:27 AM on May. 9, 2013