Bikes

Hey so I wanted to start going on bike rides with my 5 yo. I don't have a bike, so I was wondering what type I should get. It would used for short rides, nothing too strenuous, just something my son and I can do together.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 7:48 PM on May. 8, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Get a cruiser with gears on it. They're perfect for strolls in the neighborhood.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:55 PM on May. 8, 2013

• If this will be something you just want to start off with to see how you like it, then I would go with a cruiser with gears. If this is a bike that you want to keep for awhile and go on longer bike rides and different terrain as your son gets old, I would get a hybrid. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:01 PM on May. 8, 2013

• Depends on where you want to ride it. Sidewalks and neighborhood streets, I would go with a cruiser. If you want to ride it in grass, dirt or on hills then a mountain bike would be a better bike.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:25 PM on May. 8, 2013

• I agree, a cruiser is a great way to go when you're on roads around town and have a kid to ride with. If you want to have something more versatile, a mountain bike is a great way to go.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Thank you!
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 8:01 PM on May. 9, 2013