Can steroids cause UTIs??

I had bronchitis a week ago and was put on steroids and an antibiotic. My antibiotic finished before the steroids did. I was trying to find something online about whether or not steroids can cause UTIs and I couldn't really find anything. The one thing I did find said that they could. So have any of you ladies heard of that??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 8, 2013 in Health

• Antibiotics should cure a UTI, not cause one.
    What are your symptoms?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:42 PM on May. 8, 2013

• Not sure, but steroids can cause all sorts of weird stuff. Are you on antibiotics for your bronchitis?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:54 PM on May. 8, 2013

• The burning when i pee and the constant ache. I used to get them often so that's how i know that it's a uti. I figured since i just took antibiotics it would have cured one too. I didnt have one when i started them though. Could the steroids have caused it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 PM on May. 8, 2013

• I finished the antibiotics sunday morning but i still had a couple days of steroids left after i finished them
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on May. 8, 2013

• Steroids can lower your immune system which could have left you open to the UTI(since you used to get them often you may just be more prone)...and not all antibiotics work on everything.

See the doc if you haven't. Trust me you don't want the UTI to spread to your kidneys...I hurts a lot.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:17 PM on May. 8, 2013

• I was taking steroids and clindamycin for a sinus infection and then came down with a really bad case of UTI. I called my doctor to ask if I should stop those meds and they insisted that I should continue them. But I'm convinced that they contributed to my getting this infection. I hadn't had one in years previously
    Museummom786

Answer by Museummom786 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2014