Pregnancy with factor v leiden?

My Husband and I are working on planning our 3 pregnancy but since our last pregnancy was complicated by a blood clot in my placenta(she's fine but she was early at 34 weeks and IUGR).

I just have lots of questions about what having a clotting disorder means for becoming pregnant. I understand that they usually put you on a blood thinner but they didn't say when in the pregnancy or what blood thinner?
I really wonder if this means anything different for my c-sections? All it seemed to mean last time was that they made me keep the compression boots on while sleeping because I was up and walking a lot.
Do they take any other precautions? Did the blood thinners work to keep you from clotting well enough? Does it do anything to the baby,like they have to watch them after birth or something?

Sorry I just have a million questions after they found that blood clot during my surgery. I kind of narrowly dodged that part of my placenta separating and it was even partially in the membranes so it would have started to come away had they ruptured.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:08 PM on May. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• How scary for you! I don't have answers, but I hope you find them, and I wish for you a safe and successful pregnancy. Can your gynecologist or doctor answer your questions?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:05 AM on May. 9, 2013

• Some of them but my OB is moving so I have to find another one, trying to find somebody for high risk sucks because generally you only get to talk the receptionist and get an I'll call you back if the doctor says yes. My family practice knows a bit but it's not his specialty and since I don't seem to need blood thinners when not pregnant I don't qualify for a specialist according to the insurance.

According to my doctors it's a common disorder, 5-8% of the caucasion population.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 12:41 AM on May. 9, 2013