Someone Please Help me!!!

My 7 month old is not sleeping through the night and I need some sleep!! He gets up like 4 to 5 times a night and wants a bottle everytime is this even normal? What do I do?

Kayla23boys

Asked by Kayla23boys at 12:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry mama..My DD started sleeping through the night at 5 months.....I'd say if he was older just give him water so he didnt feel so hungry?
    I dunno! good luck
    Anonymous

• put cereal in his bottle.It wont hurt him.He might still wake up once or twice, but you can get some sleep
    Anonymous

• Some kids don't "sleep through the night" till they're about 3.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

• let him ride the vaccume??? idk sounds like colic to me gl
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• he might just be going throught a phase of wanting to be near you and needing some extra love, I say you should try maybe giving him a paci and rocking him and humming very quietly in the dark. My daughter dosent take a paci exept during the situation that I described above. I doubt that he his hungry every time he wakes up,
    Anonymous

• I don't know if it's something you are willing to do... but we had to let our son CIO. He was getting up 6-8 times/night.
    The method we used was let him cry when he wakes... until either he gets VERY upset and we go right to him or it's 5 minutes, and we check on him and then leave again for another 5. The longest he has ever cried was 15 mins. The very first night. We did this for about a week.
    Since then we know his "needs" better now.... so now if he cries more than 2 minutes we know he's not planning on going back to sleep on his own. So we go to him.
    Now he gets up 1-2 times/night... sometimes fussing a little and goes back to sleep, other times he wants to eat. He eats at least 1 time every night... but that is MUCH better than the 6-8 times.
    And while letting him cry was awful... I hated every second of it. It's worth it. Everyone sleeps better. And I am a better mom to him during the day. And he is less crabby.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009