Are you a Registered Dietitian?

I want to become a Certified Diabetes Educator and one of the degrees you can obtain first is a Registered Dietitian. If this is you can you please tell me how long it took you and what type of school you went to. Thanks!

krysta.cole

Asked by krysta.cole at 1:54 AM on May. 9, 2013 in Health

• I'm not one but it requires a minimum Bachelor's degree in nutrition or similar field, usually takes a minimum of 4 years. Make sure you look for an accredited school! Then you have to take an exam.

Answer by missanc at 6:17 AM on May. 9, 2013

• I agree with missanc. I have changed my life for the better, lost 80 pounds and would love to become a dietitian. I have looked and a minimum of 4 years. Not sure if it would take longer to become a Certified Diabetes Educator or not. Good Luck!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:54 AM on May. 9, 2013

• Four year minimum for a Registered Dietician (a BS degree). Classes for pre-req generally consist of courses like Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, etc. You may also have to complete an internship. If you go to school part-time it will obviously be longer than four years.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:18 AM on May. 9, 2013

• Oh sheesh, excuse my typos.*Dietitian*
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:19 AM on May. 9, 2013